FORUMS

[Q] Dont have options to switch to MSC mode from MTP

Thanks Meter: 53
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I am on ICS 4.0.4 build 6.1.A.0.452 on my xperia S.
Rooting guide for 4.0.4(locked bootloader) is available by doomlord...But one of the requirement says phone to be in USB Msc connection mode. my question is ,everyone says to select MSC mode in settings-xperia-connectivity.
But its not there in my phone!!simply no option at all!!

there is an option of mount usb in settings-storge,but that is always grayed out
wether connected or not

see attached pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-07-04-05-09-31[1].jpg
Views:	1434
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	1175491   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-07-04-05-09-31[1].jpg
Views:	1434
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	1175491  
 
 
4th July 2012, 02:15 AM |#2  
lilude56214's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 86
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leechgod27

I am on ICS 4.0.4 build 6.1.A.0.452 on my xperia S.
Rooting guide for 4.0.4(locked bootloader) is available by doomlord...But one of the requirement says phone to be in USB Msc connection mode. my question is ,everyone says to select MSC mode in settings-xperia-connectivity.
But its not there in my phone!!simply no option at all!!

there is an option of mount usb in settings-storge,but that is always grayed out
wether connected or not

see attached pic

haha, never seen any option in this regardless of MTP only. Going to Themes & apps thread and you'll see a thread " Sdcard mounter for ics "

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
4th July 2012, 02:40 AM |#3  
leechgod27's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag valsad
Thanks Meter: 53
 
Donate to Me
More
Yes ,actually doomlord posted a tool for getting USB mass transfer mode when we(xperia s)were in Gingerbread.But people say ICS already have it!!I dont see it anywhere in settings.
4th July 2012, 02:45 AM |#4  
leechgod27's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag valsad
Thanks Meter: 53
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilude56214

haha, never seen any option in this regardless of MTP only. Going to Themes & apps thread and you'll see a thread " Sdcard mounter for ics "

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

see here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1744878

but actually you need root access to install that app & on other hand you need Msc mode enabled to "root" stock ICS!!

So what should be done?
I want to root it
4th July 2012, 03:28 AM |#5  
lilude56214's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 86
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leechgod27

see here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1744878

but actually you need root access to install that app & on other hand you need Msc mode enabled to "root" stock ICS!!

So what should be done?
I want to root it

Hey, no need msc mode enabled to root. What you need is install cwm & install su.zip in cwm

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to lilude56214 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th December 2012, 05:30 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilude56214

Hey, no need msc mode enabled to root. What you need is install cwm & install su.zip in cwm

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

I'm new here. I am now also searching how to root my xperia neo with ics in mtp mode. It seems to me that you also need root to install cwm.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks
29th December 2012, 11:41 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Flag yamunanagar
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leechgod27

I am on ICS 4.0.4 build 6.1.A.0.452 on my xperia S.
Rooting guide for 4.0.4(locked bootloader) is available by doomlord...But one of the requirement says phone to be in USB Msc connection mode. my question is ,everyone says to select MSC mode in settings-xperia-connectivity.
But its not there in my phone!!simply no option at all!!

there is an option of mount usb in settings-storge,but that is always grayed out
wether connected or not

see attached pic

use debugging mode ON and usb tethring ON. this both will help you to use your device for rooting processs...
The Following User Says Thank You to aman.goel.hry For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th May 2014, 05:55 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Flag Madurai
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by leechgod27

I am on ICS 4.0.4 build 6.1.A.0.452 on my xperia S.
Rooting guide for 4.0.4(locked bootloader) is available by doomlord...But one of the requirement says phone to be in USB Msc connection mode. my question is ,everyone says to select MSC mode in settings-xperia-connectivity.
But its not there in my phone!!simply no option at all!!

there is an option of mount usb in settings-storge,but that is always grayed out
wether connected or not

see attached pic

same problem to me.xperia p not connect pc charging only.usb debugging enabled.it not shows msc mode.mtp only
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-05-21-33-22.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	2727251   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-05-21-33-35.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	2727252   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-05-21-33-54.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	2727253  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes