Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,029 Members 42,721 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] XU Forgot Cyanogenmod 11 pattern

Tip us?

pointstar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] XU Forgot Cyanogenmod 11 pattern

Hey guys, i have installed a unofficial Cyanogenmod 11 kitkat 4.4 custom rom and i am very satisfied with it.
But today i was just messing around the lock screen options and i choosed a 6x6 pattern and applied it. But unfortunately after an hour or so i realized that i totally forgot the pattern i choosed. And now when i write the pattern 5 times wrong, it just locks for 30 seconds and i can try again but i cant reset it with my Gmail or anything like that, it just keeps locking for 30 seconds after 5 wrong attemps. Would re-installing the rom remove the lock screen? Or maybe a factory reset? Or can i just remove the pattern in any way? Any help would be appreciated!

ChikeD
Old
Thanks Meter 465
@pointstar

See if this help
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2557228
The Following User Says Thank You to ChikeD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pointstar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikeD View Post
Tried it, said pattern or pin removed, then got stuck on rebooting sytem.. I removed the battery and restarted the phone but the pattern lock is still there, tried a random pattern but it didnt work, any other solution?

ChikeD
Old
Thanks Meter 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointstar View Post
Tried it, said pattern or pin removed, then got stuck on rebooting sytem.. I removed the battery and restarted the phone but the pattern lock is still there, tried a random pattern but it didnt work, any other solution?
You can always do a factory data rest and lsoe all your settings and installed apps.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChikeD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cascabel
Old
Thanks Meter 730
Haven't experienced this before but a quick search led me here: http://null-byte.wonderhowto.com/how...creen-0138807/

Worth a try.
The Following User Says Thank You to cascabel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pointstar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
In the stock rom when you forget your pattern you can unlock via google account but unfortunately cyanogenmod doesn't have this feature, i also tried the command prompt solution but it didn't work, i got errors like "cant path to xx" or cant delete gesture.key because it doesn't exist, but anyway the factory reset did the job. Thank you guys!

tomer_sos
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default A solution that worked for me

Well, I've logged into Google play, got into "device manager" and then selected "lock".
Essentially, it asked me to define a new password, and shortly afterwards ( probably after the push notification was sent) I was able to unlock with the new password.