[xperia p][BL][Root][CWM][CM]how to unlock bootloader|root|install CWM | install CM

Search This thread

garvitdelhi

Jun 28, 2013
Delhi
I found many people stuck on how to unlock a boot loader so this is a quick guide on how to unlock a boot loader for Xperia P

Please note that you may void the warranty of your device

i am not responsible if you brick your phone or anything like that

First, you should confirm that it is possible to unlock the boot loader of your device by checking the service menu. In your device, open the dialler and enter *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu go to Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can continue with the next step. If it says No, or if the status is missing, your device cannot be unlocked.

Download and install the latest Android SDK from http://developer.android.com/index.html
Unzip the android sdk open sdk manager and under tools section you will find usb driver download that.

Download and unzip this file http://developer.sonymobile.com/downloads/drivers/fastboot-driver/
Place the unzipped file in the Android SDK > extras > google>usb_driver folder on your computer

now go to http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/unlock/step2?token=cc968676d7f37bb813c9a50af95fb6cf where it will ask that are you sure click yes, i'm sure and then you will be directed to a page where you accept the legal terms and conditions and click i accept in next page write your name and a valid email address and IMEI number. to get IMEI number open phone application in your phone and type *#06# there you will get a 15 digit IMEI number but you will need a 14 digit IMEI number to place in the above page for that you will omit the right most digit of that 15 digit IMEI number after that click submit now you will get an email like the one shown .

key.jpg

Turn off your device.
open control panel On your computer and open device manager, push and hold the volume down button at the same time as you connect the device to the computer with a USB-cable. now you will see s1 boot found with a yellow triangle right click over it and click update driver and then point it to the file u downloaded above (the one you placed in Android SDK > extras > google>usb_driver folder ) and select Android Boot loader Interface-file once you get android device in control panel lets proceed further
go to androidsdk\platform-tools\ (make sure you have fastboot.exe file here if not try downloading Android sdk platform tool from sdk manager) and open command prompt here by making sure that no file is selected and pressing shift key and then click right mouse button there you will see open command prompt here click it
Enter fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version, and verify that you get a response back (for example "0.3" or "0.5"). This means your device is connected properly.
enter fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xKEY where KEY is the unlock boot loader key you got via Email as shown in the attachment shown above
so like for my key the code will be
fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0x9FF5866B6621D91E use your own key not mine if you use mine it will not unlock your boot loader

Congrats your bootloader is unlocked now :D

after unlocking if you need to root your phone then just visit this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2335992 this is the easiest way to root your phone and with no problem at all. Thanks to DoomLord for this easy rooting kit

Last edited:

garvitdelhi

Jun 28, 2013
Delhi
[cwm][cyanogenmod]how to install recovery and cyanogenmod

How To install cwm recovery into your Xperia P
just download the attachment
View attachment cwm-1.0-nypon.zip
extract it and now connect your phone with USB debugging on you can enable this by going to your phone settings then to developer option then checking use USB debugging mode
now just run the install.bat file inside the extracted folder and enjoy your recovery :)

before installing any rom i would recommend you do a nandroid backup of you phone

for this turn off you phone power it on and when sony logo flashes pres volume up key 2-3 times until you enter recovery

now how to use recovery
1.use volume up or down to navigate through recovery
2.use camera button to select a selection

and then choose backup/restore and select backup and then select yes backup and this way you can also restore your backup whenever you did something wrong while installing any rom.

How To flash a CyanogenMod into your Xperia P

you must have bootloader unlocked

Download any CyanogenMod from this site and download nypon version of your CyanogenMod that you want.
you also need to download gaaps for google application as they are not pre-installed on CyanogenMod
you can download this from here choose the link for android version that you are downloading CyanogenMod.

Once you download the zip file extract the boot.img in the zip file and paste it to your andrtoid sdk\platform-tools (here you must have FASTBOOT.EXE)
also copy gaaps.zip that you downloaded above
NOW YOU COPY THE ROM ZIP FILE INTO YOU INTERNAL STORAGE ANYWHERE and also copy gaaps.zip that you downloaded above
this is very important if you don't do this you will not be able to use your phone at all...!!

now turn off your phone and wait for 30 sec now insert USB cable into pc from one end and push and hold volume up key of you phone now insert USB cable into your phone a blue notification will light up if you have unlocked your bootloader properly that you must have the fastboot driver into your pc and your phone will enter to fastboot mod and blue light will lit up

now go to where you extracted the boot.img file that is andrtoid sdk\platform-tools (here you must have FASTBOOT.EXE)

now enter command prompt here by pressing and holding shift key and right click anywhere in this folder and you will see open command prompt here click it

now enter fastboot flash boot boot.img this is to flash the kernel into your phone as CyanogenMod Rom need different kernel

now enter fastboot reboot this will reboot your phone now disconnect your phone from pc and when free Xperia logo flashes press volume up key 2 -3 times until you enter recovery

now navigate to install zip using volume button and press camera key to select it
now select choose zip from sdcard and select it now navigate to your zip rom where you coping in your internal storage and select it now select yes - install zip and wait
now again choose zip from sd card and flash the gaaps you copied
now go back to main menu and go to advanced option and select wipe dalvik cache if you are installing CyanogenMod for the first time now go back and select wipe data/factory reset once you did this now reboot system now and enjoy the rom :)

thanks to cyanogenmod for the rom

killoi

Aug 24, 2013
Can You explain more the CM part, Whats that Android sdk.or i dk

Sent from my LT22i using xda app-developers app

garvitdelhi

Jun 28, 2013
Delhi
when u have downloaded the android sdk while unlocking your bootloader thats your android sdk link is given above and once you xtract it you will find a folder called platform tools in it and there you will find fastboot.exe we want this to flash the kernel then follow the procedure mentioned above

garvitdelhi

Jun 28, 2013
Delhi

you would have downloaded the android sdk while unlocking your bootloader we need this as when you extract android sdk there is a folder platform-tools in it and there is executable file fastboot.exe we need this to flash kernel so just place you boot.img of kernel into this folder and then follow the procedure given above

Reactions: Pirai Sudan

androidyek

Feb 7, 2013
View attachment 2154673
extract it and now connect your phone with USB debugging on you can enable this by going to your phone settings then to developer option then checking use USB debugging mode
now just run the install.bat file inside the extracted folder and enjoy your recovery :)

before installing any rom i would recommend you do a nandroid backup of you phone

for this turn off you phone power it on and when sony logo flashes pres volume up key 2-3 times until you enter recovery

now how to use recovery

and then choose backup/restore and select backup and then select yes backup and this way you can also restore your backup whenever you did something wrong while installing any rom.

Download any CyanogenMod from this site and download nypon version of your CyanogenMod that you want.
you also need to download gaaps for google application as they are not pre-installed on CyanogenMod
you can download this from here choose the link for android version that you are downloading CyanogenMod.

Once you download the zip file extract the boot.img in the zip file and paste it to your andrtoid sdk\platform-tools (here you must have FASTBOOT.EXE)
NOW YOU COPY THE ROM ZIP FILE INTO YOU INTERNAL STORAGE ANYWHERE and also copy gaaps.zip that you downloaded above
this is very important if you don't do this you will not be able to use your phone at all...!!

now turn off your phone and wait for 30 sec now insert USB cable into pc from one end and push and hold volume up key of you phone now insert USB cable into your phone a blue notification will light up if you have unlocked your bootloader properly that you must have the fastboot driver into your pc and your phone will enter to fastboot mod and blue light will lit up

now go to where you extracted the boot.img file that is andrtoid sdk\platform-tools (here you must have FASTBOOT.EXE)

now enter command prompt here by pressing and holding shift key and right click anywhere in this folder and you will see open command prompt here click it

now enter fastboot flash boot boot.img this is to flash the kernel into your phone as CyanogenMod Rom need different kernel

now enter fastboot reboot this will reboot your phone now disconnect your phone from pc and when free Xperia logo flashes press volume up key 2 -3 times until you enter recovery

now navigate to install zip using volume button and press camera key to select it
now select choose zip from sdcard and select it now navigate to your zip rom where you coping in your internal storage and select it now select yes - install zip and wait
now go back to main menu and go to advanced option and select wipe dalvik cache if you are installing CyanogenMod for the first time now go back and select wipe data/factory reset once you did this now reboot system now and enjoy the rom :)

Step3 stoped in my pc

sent from Xperia P rooted 4.1.2jb

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

View attachment 2154673

Step3 stoped in my pc

killoi

Aug 24, 2013
Em , sorry for so much questions lol =) sorry cause i'm new on this stuffs
i rooted my device successfully.
i tried to unlock my bootloader , and I'm not sure if it's unlocked or nope, now it's turned from : Bootloader unlock allowed : YES to>> Bootloader Unlocked : Yes

so this is mean that it's unlocked or nope? and is there any ways to know if it's locked or unlocked?

and thanks for everything.

moli2398

Mar 29, 2013
New Delhi
Em , sorry for so much questions lol =) sorry cause i'm new on this stuffs
i rooted my device successfully.
i tried to unlock my bootloader , and I'm not sure if it's unlocked or nope, now it's turned from : Bootloader unlock allowed : YES to>> Bootloader Unlocked : Yes

so this is mean that it's unlocked or nope? and is there any ways to know if it's locked or unlocked?

and thanks for everything.

It's unlocked now! Congrats! ;)

Reactions: killoi

priteshc

Aug 28, 2013
dear sir

pls advice..whenever i install new rom of Cm11 on my SOny Xperia P, CWM also flash the same, that every time i need install CWM again n again, every new flash rom or update using OTA update, getting the same activity

please advice soon....

Smartid

May 21, 2012
Jakarta
dear sir

pls advice..whenever i install new rom of Cm11 on my SOny Xperia P, CWM also flash the same, that every time i need install CWM again n again, every new flash rom or update using OTA update, getting the same activity

please advice soon....

What for you install cwm every install cm11 rom? You only need flash latest rom cm11 zip that a way has included flash kernel too..because cwm/twrp has included provided on kernel..

Sent from my Xperia P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

JimKatsanos

Aug 30, 2016
Athens
Hello my xperia p has a reboot loop. and install.bat stops in step 1.
Also it has locked bootloader and it is non root. Any help?

######SOLVE FOUND#######
If you are experiencing this problem, you must read flash the official firmware

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [cwm][cyanogenmod]how to install recovery and cyanogenmod

View attachment cwm-1.0-nypon.zip

now how to use recovery

I found many people stuck on how to unlock a boot loader so this is a quick guide on how to unlock a boot loader for Xperia P

Please note that you may void the warranty of your device

i am not responsible if you brick your phone or anything like that

First, you should confirm that it is possible to unlock the boot loader of your device by checking the service menu. In your device, open the dialler and enter *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu go to Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can continue with the next step. If it says No, or if the status is missing, your device cannot be unlocked.

Download and install the latest Android SDK from http://developer.android.com/index.html
    Unzip the android sdk open sdk manager and under tools section you will find usb driver download that.

Download and unzip this file http://developer.sonymobile.com/downloads/drivers/fastboot-driver/
    Place the unzipped file in the Android SDK > extras > google>usb_driver folder on your computer

now go to http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/unlock/step2?token=cc968676d7f37bb813c9a50af95fb6cf where it will ask that are you sure click yes, i'm sure and then you will be directed to a page where you accept the legal terms and conditions and click i accept in next page write your name and a valid email address and IMEI number. to get IMEI number open phone application in your phone and type *#06# there you will get a 15 digit IMEI number but you will need a 14 digit IMEI number to place in the above page for that you will omit the right most digit of that 15 digit IMEI number after that click submit now you will get an email like the one shown .

key.jpg

Turn off your device.
    open control panel On your computer and open device manager, push and hold the volume down button at the same time as you connect the device to the computer with a USB-cable. now you will see s1 boot found with a yellow triangle right click over it and click update driver and then point it to the file u downloaded above (the one you placed in Android SDK > extras > google>usb_driver folder ) and select Android Boot loader Interface-file once you get android device in control panel lets proceed further
    go to androidsdk\platform-tools\ (make sure you have fastboot.exe file here if not try downloading Android sdk platform tool from sdk manager) and open command prompt here by making sure that no file is selected and pressing shift key and then click right mouse button there you will see open command prompt here click it
    Enter fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version, and verify that you get a response back (for example "0.3" or "0.5"). This means your device is connected properly.
    enter fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xKEY where KEY is the unlock boot loader key you got via Email as shown in the attachment shown above
    so like for my key the code will be
    fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0x9FF5866B6621D91E use your own key not mine if you use mine it will not unlock your boot loader

Congrats your bootloader is unlocked now :D

after unlocking if you need to root your phone then just visit this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2335992 this is the easiest way to root your phone and with no problem at all. Thanks to DoomLord for this easy rooting kit
    There is already one complete guide for Xperia P - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2107775

Anyways thanks for ur hard work :)
    There is already one complete guide for Xperia P - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2107775

Anyways thanks for ur hard work :)

i know but i saw many people still getting confused and asking in Q&A forums although i directed them to the the above link so i thought i should make one post for them

you would have downloaded the android sdk while unlocking your bootloader we need this as when you extract android sdk there is a folder platform-tools in it and there is executable file fastboot.exe we need this to flash kernel so just place you boot.img of kernel into this folder and then follow the procedure given above