Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,018 Members 43,543 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from zhy0919: Kernel source: https://github.com/FandroidRelease/android_kernel_sony_u8500/tree/overclock Module code:private

[KERNEL][OC][V3] Fandroid Kernel V3 with dynamic cpu overclock

Tip us?
 
Garcia98
Old
#21  
Garcia98's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 747
Posts: 768
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salamanca (Spain)

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhy0919 View Post
Really thanks... By the way where can I find documentations about novathor CPUs? And how to modify u8500 cpu's pll register(what value can be set and why)? Thanks for your answer!!
Well, since ST-Ericsson disappeared is really hard to find documentation about NovaThor platform.

You can look at this commit as an example about how to change frequency: https://github.com/Garcia98/android_...169873964b2fce

But if you change a lot the frequency you'll also have to change voltage values.

BTW, you can check ARM PLL value at /d/clk/show


Sony Xperia U (ST25i)
ROM: XperiaSTE CM 11.0
Kernel: BraveKernel 3.0.101
Recovery: Team Win Recovery Project v2.7.0
Governor: INTERACTIVE
I/O Scheduler: SIOPLUS


Kernel 3.0.101: BraveKernel 3.0.101 for KK
 
zhy0919
Old
#22  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 37
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia98 View Post
Well, since ST-Ericsson disappeared is really hard to find documentation about NovaThor platform.

You can look at this commit as an example about how to change frequency: https://github.com/Garcia98/android_...169873964b2fce

But if you change a lot the frequency you'll also have to change voltage values.

BTW, you can check ARM PLL value at /d/clk/show
Thanks
As I know db8500 cpufreq initialization is done after the basic kernel init. So it seems that I can change the value in a kernel module by calculating the db8500_prcmu_write address. Am I right?
 
Garcia98
Old
#23  
Garcia98's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 747
Posts: 768
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salamanca (Spain)

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhy0919 View Post
Thanks
As I know db8500 cpufreq initialization is done after the basic kernel init. So it seems that I can change the value in a kernel module by calculating the db8500_prcmu_write address. Am I right?
Well, the initialitazion of DB8500 is the first thing in boot process, you maybe can change ARM PLL register with a module, but as the function used is defined in a GPLv2 module your module has to be GPL'd too


Sony Xperia U (ST25i)
ROM: XperiaSTE CM 11.0
Kernel: BraveKernel 3.0.101
Recovery: Team Win Recovery Project v2.7.0
Governor: INTERACTIVE
I/O Scheduler: SIOPLUS


Kernel 3.0.101: BraveKernel 3.0.101 for KK
The Following User Says Thank You to Garcia98 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
zhy0919
Old
#24  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 37
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia98 View Post
Well, the initialitazion of DB8500 is the first thing in boot process, you maybe can change ARM PLL register with a module, but as the function used is defined in a GPLv2 module your module has to be GPL'd too
Can I just calculate the address of the function and call it to avoid GPL problem? Thanks
 
Garcia98
Old
#25  
Garcia98's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 747
Posts: 768
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salamanca (Spain)

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhy0919 View Post
Can I just calculate the address of the function and call it to avoid GPL problem? Thanks
If you call a function under GPL your module have to be under GPL


Sony Xperia U (ST25i)
ROM: XperiaSTE CM 11.0
Kernel: BraveKernel 3.0.101
Recovery: Team Win Recovery Project v2.7.0
Governor: INTERACTIVE
I/O Scheduler: SIOPLUS


Kernel 3.0.101: BraveKernel 3.0.101 for KK
 
zhy0919
Old
#26  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 37
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia98 View Post
If you call a function under GPL your module have to be under GPL
What if:
A GPL module which redirect the GPL function to a non-GPLfunction
Another private source module which calls the non-GPL function in GPL module

I'm only trying to make my source private because of some algorithms...

Thanks!
 
Garcia98
Old
#27  
Garcia98's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 747
Posts: 768
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salamanca (Spain)

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhy0919 View Post
What if:
A GPL module which redirect the GPL function to a non-GPLfunction
Another private source module which calls the non-GPL function in GPL module

I'm only trying to make my source private because of some algorithms...

Thanks!
Put a code example about that situation


Sony Xperia U (ST25i)
ROM: XperiaSTE CM 11.0
Kernel: BraveKernel 3.0.101
Recovery: Team Win Recovery Project v2.7.0
Governor: INTERACTIVE
I/O Scheduler: SIOPLUS


Kernel 3.0.101: BraveKernel 3.0.101 for KK
 
zhy0919
Old
#28  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 37
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia98 View Post
Put a code example about that situation
in module module_gpl.ko

int export_func_test(int arg)
{
return gpl_function(arg);
}
EXPORT_SYMBOL(export_func_test);


then call it in another private module
 
Garcia98
Old
#29  
Garcia98's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 747
Posts: 768
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salamanca (Spain)

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhy0919 View Post
in module module_gpl.ko

int export_func_test(int arg)
{
return gpl_function(arg);
}
EXPORT_SYMBOL(export_func_test);


then call it in another private module
It's the same


Sony Xperia U (ST25i)
ROM: XperiaSTE CM 11.0
Kernel: BraveKernel 3.0.101
Recovery: Team Win Recovery Project v2.7.0
Governor: INTERACTIVE
I/O Scheduler: SIOPLUS


Kernel 3.0.101: BraveKernel 3.0.101 for KK
The Following User Says Thank You to Garcia98 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
scope98
Old
#30  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 25
Join Date: Jun 2014
How can i install this kernel?

Sent from my Xperia P using XDA Free mobile app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes