9th November 2014, 01:18 PM   |  #171  
Flag Coimbatore
Thanks Meter: 222

316 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khuzik

Thankyou so much for the reply
I have just begun with this whole rooting, flashing in the last few days on my Xperia P, so basically im a novice, i hope you donot mind me asking for further help as a newbie.
i want to install Slimkat ( hoping it improves my battery life ), as yet ive been following this particular guide for that "http://droidors.com/2014/02/25/update-xperia-p-lt22i-to-android-4-4-2-kitkat-with-slimkat-custom-rom/". The thing is there are so many guides that im not sure which one is the right one for me. ( I followed this mentioned above and clearly it wasnt the right one for me)
As per your guidance im on Stock Rom currently, Details as below
Android Version- 4.1.2
Build- 6.2.A.1.100
Kernal- 3.0.8+
I have a few questions and need a few links to apply what you ve said
1. How can i just confirm if my bootloader is unlocked ( i had unlocked it during my try to install custom Rom ), but since i ve then installed Stock Rom, i want to make sure the Bootloader is unlocked. Can you please suggest the steps for that.
2. Can you point me to Installing Nemesis kernel with steps.
3. After the Nemesis Kernel is flashed will my phone boot on Android 4.1.2 in case i just want to shift to this kernal and not flash the Rom
4. How do i install TWRP recovery
If i understand correctly installing Nemesis Kernal is just the bypass to be able to install Slimkat Kernal and Rom, because as you said with Jellybean Rom i will keep getting Status 7 error, please confirm if this is true.
Thanks a lot in advance.

bro im currently outside and wil return home ater 3 more hours only

so meanwhile download all these things and keep
1.flashtool
2.stock .100ftf -----> http://d-h.st/gF7
3.nemesis kernal from xperia p thread
4.cm11 or any aosp roms!!

AND ALSO LET ME KNOW IF UR USING WINDOWS 8 OR 8.1

and this thread might help u
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...htool-t2107775

if u have any more doubts plz do ask.... there are many friendly ppl in xda who are ready to help

i wil come back and post a detailed reply for flashing from my laptop !!
Last edited by vicky2131; 9th November 2014 at 01:21 PM.
9th November 2014, 05:43 PM   |  #172  
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
More
Question Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky2131

bro im currently outside and wil return home ater 3 more hours only

so meanwhile download all these things and keep
1.flashtool
2.stock .100ftf -----> http://d-h.st/gF7
3.nemesis kernal from xperia p thread
4.cm11 or any aosp roms!!

AND ALSO LET ME KNOW IF UR USING WINDOWS 8 OR 8.1

and this thread might help u
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...htool-t2107775

if u have any more doubts plz do ask.... there are many friendly ppl in xda who are ready to help

i wil come back and post a detailed reply for flashing from my laptop !!

Thanks Bro
I already have downloaded Flashtool, Firmware 6.2.a.1.100 (ME).
Can you please give me links to download 1. Nemesis kernel for Xperia P, 2. CM11/AOSP. ( Im somehow unable to find my way through the forums, sorry )
I was actually wanting to install Slimkat for Xperia P, as i had read somewhere that is better for the Battery in terms of usage. I might be wrong, you are the expert, please suggest.
Thanks again, really appreciate your quick response.
I have asked this elsewhere,
I took a Nandroid backup through CWM Recovery, but when i tried to restore it ran for 2 secs, i could see "system" and then Xperia P restarted with Sony logo, i could not do anything then, couldnt enter the Recovery mode, and on the PC, Xperia P would nt be recognised. I tried to install Stock rom through Flashtool, but since the phone wouldnt be recognised on Pc the install wouldnt go through. This has happened thrice now. I then had to install Stock Rom through Xperia flash tool "Emma".
Can you please tell me what could be the reason for this.

Please take your time, thanks again
9th November 2014, 05:59 PM   |  #173  
Flag Coimbatore
Thanks Meter: 222

316 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khuzik

Thanks Bro
I already have downloaded Flashtool, Firmware 6.2.a.1.100 (ME).
Can you please give me links to download 1. Nemesis kernel for Xperia P, 2. CM11/AOSP. ( Im somehow unable to find my way through the forums, sorry )
I was actually wanting to install Slimkat for Xperia P, as i had read somewhere that is better for the Battery in terms of usage. I might be wrong, you are the expert, please suggest.
Thanks again, really appreciate your quick response.
I have asked this elsewhere,
I took a Nandroid backup through CWM Recovery, but when i tried to restore it ran for 2 secs, i could see "system" and then Xperia P restarted with Sony logo, i could not do anything then, couldnt enter the Recovery mode, and on the PC, Xperia P would nt be recognised. I tried to install Stock rom through Flashtool, but since the phone wouldnt be recognised on Pc the install wouldnt go through. This has happened thrice now. I then had to install Stock Rom through Xperia flash tool "Emma".
Can you please tell me what could be the reason for this.

Please take your time, thanks again

check ur PM
9th November 2014, 10:01 PM   |  #174  
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
Question
when phone is powered off and i conect it to charger , it's boot up , and no stay in only charching mode ,why?
sorry for my bad english
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread