Owl Kernel for ICS
* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear
* war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some
* research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
I made that kernel for myself,but decided to share it:maybe someone finds it useful.
Short list of features(not full,I could forgot something):
Latest source code
Patched to version 3.0.101(credits to munjeni)
Compiled with GCC 4.8.2 toolchain(self builded)
Various optimisation flags(-mtune=cortex-a9 -mfpu=vfpv3 -mfloat-abi=hard)
Huge amount of CFS patches(improved load balancing)
Memory unaligned access
ARM RWSEM optimized algorithm
Asynchronous I/O disk usage algorithm
CWM Touch Recovery
ZRAM(with LZ4 compression)/ZCACHE/UKSM/CleanCache
SLUB memory allocator
Overclockable to 1.2 GHz(
stable only with performance governor(for now))
Dynamic FSync Control
Exclusive Bionic libc(improved memory acces efficiency)
RCU boost enabled
Power Saving tuned
...list will be updated,when i remember more added features
For now overclocked frequency stable only with performance governor,in other cases reboots are possible(This information actual till version 5.5). This overclock-real, not just digits in "current frequency" field. Original overclock technology made by cocafe,I am just ported his LiveOPP to our device(only core functionality).
Also, exclusive libc integrated into kernel(I was compiled it from sources and changed string routines to more optimized for armv7).
I want to say thanks to all people with public github repos:there are very little amount of my code in that kernel,most of patches I was picked up from public sources.
Owl, Kernel for the Sony Xperia Sola
Kernel Special Features:
Current Stable Version: