Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,583 Members 40,268 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY][XSOLA] TWRP 2.7.0.0 touch recovery [2014-04-27]

Tip us?

AGONTUK
Old
(Last edited by AGONTUK; 28th April 2014 at 03:43 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 863
Default [RECOVERY][XSOLA] TWRP 2.7.0.0 touch recovery [2014-04-27]

Code:
Select Code
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch driven user interface , no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Key Features:

Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout true theming!
Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
Ability to choose to compress backups now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
Onscreen keyboard
Decryption of /data
Easy selection of internal/external storage

Installation:

since our device developers are constantly trying to fix bugs, they are always changing something in init.*.rc files for testing. For this reason I can't post a regular boot.img file because it won't work. For now, I've created a script that will take all init.*.rc files from current rom's boot.img and then compile new boot.img with TWRP inside it.

Note : For Rooted & Unlocked Bootloader Only
Note : For 4.4 ROM (should work on older version of android upto 4.1). I don't own Xperia Sola so didn't test it. So please provide feedback

1) Download the latest zip file.
2) Extract it in a folder and place your current rom's boot.img inside that folder. (it must be named boot.img)
3) Connect your phone with PC. (adb must be working)
4) Open your command line and cd to that folder
5) For linux users, type
Code:
Select Code
chmod 755 run_me.sh
./run_me.sh
For windows users, type
Code:
Select Code
run_me.bat
new boot.img file will be created in the current directory named new_boot.img. Power off your phone and flash the boot image.
Code:
Select Code
fastboot flash boot new_boot.img
Theming:

Information on TWRP 2 Theming - http://teamw.in/project/twrp2themers

To ROM makers

if you include it in your ROM, please give proper credits cause I've spent almost a month trying to port this.Thanks.

Download

Final Version => recovery_install_20140427.zip - 6.42 MB

Source

TWRP source -> https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery

device tree -> https://github.com/Agontuk/android_device_sony_pepper

Credits

all teamwin members, especially @Dees_Troy for giving me constant advice
@munjeni for his support and answering all my questions
@cpkunki for making this thread featured in the portal
Attached Files
File Type: zip recovery_install.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.55 MB, 322 views)
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to AGONTUK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AGONTUK
Old
(Last edited by AGONTUK; 28th April 2014 at 06:58 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 863
Changelog 16/03/2014
  • booted
  • full touch working
  • adb working
  • usb mass storage not working
  • fixed show battery capacity & charging status (+ icon next to percentage)
  • reboot to bootloader working (from twrp menu)

Changelog 19/03/2014
  • added battery led to indicate battery status
  • usb mass storage still not working
  • reboot to recovery working now
  • reboot to bootloader working now

Changelog 22/03/2014
  • internal storage is mounting
  • battery led works properly
  • added brightness slider
  • changed to default sony logo

Changelog 27/04/2014
  • Everything works fine
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AGONTUK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AGONTUK
Old
(Last edited by AGONTUK; 21st March 2014 at 05:21 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 863
F.A.Q

1) Are CWM backups compatible with TWRP ?
Ans: CWM backups are not compatible - please make a fresh backup in TWRP as soon as you have flashed it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AGONTUK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pingu_c660
Old
(Last edited by pingu_c660; 16th March 2014 at 04:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCoder View Post
depends on your feedback.
  • booted ?
  • full touch working ?
  • adb working ?
  • usb mass storage working ?
  • fixed show battery capacity & charging status (+ icon next to percentage) ?
  • reboot to bootloader working (from twrp menu) ?

1. YES
2. yes
3. not yet tested
4. i dont use xternal sd card but when i select mount usb storage, i cant see my sdcard on my computer
5. yes
6. when i select reboot to bootloader (from twrp menu) my phone just shutdown

and when i reboot to recovery (from phone) it takes time . . . reaallyy reaally long time (that's when i decided to force my phone to reboot)
Device: Xperia Sola Red

"Weird is just a side effect of being awesome" \m/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pingu_c660 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alwaysadeel
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2381
thnx for ur work
i will include it in my next update of omni and slimkat and provide feedback ..

My Works: <Carbon KK> <Hellkat> <AOKP> <Omni Rom> <Slimkat> <PAC-man> <Paranoid Android>
My Devices:<Sony Xperia Sola> <Nexus 7 wifi>

AGONTUK
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by pingu_c660 View Post
1. YES
2. yes
3. not yet tested
4. i dont use xternal sd card but when i select mount usb storage, i cant see my sdcard on my computer
5. yes
6. when i select reboot to bootloader (from twrp menu) my phone just shutdown

and when i reboot to recovery (from phone) it takes time . . . reaallyy reaally long time (that's when i decided to force my phone to reboot)
3,4)check first if adb is working or not. If not, check your driver from device manager. ADB & usb mass storage mount should work.

6)When you pressed reboot to bootloader, did your phone was connected to PC? If not, pls check again with phone connected and see if it enters fastboot.
reboot to recovery options is not yet fixed, I think. Can you pls provide me the output of the command cat /proc/cmdline before and after you pressed reboot to recovery ?
The Following User Says Thank You to AGONTUK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Anthrax
Old
Thanks Meter 779

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperiaMT27 View Post
thnx for ur work
i will include it in my next update of omni and slimkat and provide feedback ..
Just a suggestion bro, Please add it as optional so that we (the users of Omni and Slimkat) can select whether to use it or stick to CWM....
Xperia Sola
--------HellKat 4.4.2 by AJ--------
Lava Xtron+
--------Jelly Bean 4.2.2--------

Quote:
XDA-Developers was founded on the simple principal that SHARING IS GOOD and when many people SHARE what they know, EVERYONE benefits. We exist upon this Ethos, we RESPECT each other, we SHARE with each other, we do not judge one another and we HELP all who ask. We believe that while some may have more knowledge than another, none are more important.

pingu_c660
Old
(Last edited by pingu_c660; 16th March 2014 at 08:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCoder View Post
3,4)check first if adb is working or not. If not, check your driver from device manager. ADB & usb mass storage mount should work.

6)When you pressed reboot to bootloader, did your phone was connected to PC? If not, pls check again with phone connected and see if it enters fastboot.
reboot to recovery options is not yet fixed, I think. Can you pls provide me the output of the command cat /proc/cmdline before and after you pressed reboot to recovery ?
3 -4: ADB is working and also i have my driver installed. and what is this ADB sideload do??? about the USB mount same result
6. it works and enter to fastboot mode

reboot to recover:

Before
Code:
Select Code
startup=0x1 warmboot=0x0 ta_info=9,4,256 androidboot.bootloader=s1 androidboot.serialno=BX9030XM7U cachepolicy=writealloc noinitrd init=init board_id=1 logo.nologo root=/dev/ram0 rw rootwait console=null androidboot.console=null androidboot.hardware=st-ericsson mem=96M@0 mem_mtrace=15M@96M mem_mshared=1M@111M mem_modem=16M@112M mem=32M@128M mem_issw=1M@160M hwmem=71M@161M mem=280M@232M mpcore_wdt.mpcore_margin=359 end audit=1  semcandroidboot.babe1324=425839303330584d3755
after (after i pressed the reboot to recovery button and the phone is in "rebooting stage"
Code:
Select Code
startup=0x1 warmboot=0x0 ta_info=9,4,256 androidboot.bootloader=s1 androidboot.serialno=BX9030XM7U cachepolicy=writealloc noinitrd init=init board_id=1 logo.nologo root=/dev/ram0 rw rootwait console=null androidboot.console=null androidboot.hardware=st-ericsson mem=96M@0 mem_mtrace=15M@96M mem_mshared=1M@111M mem_modem=16M@112M mem=32M@128M mem_issw=1M@160M hwmem=71M@161M mem=280M@232M mpcore_wdt.mpcore_margin=359 end audit=1  semcandroidboot.babe1324=425839303330584d3755
Device: Xperia Sola Red

"Weird is just a side effect of being awesome" \m/

The Following User Says Thank You to pingu_c660 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AGONTUK
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by pingu_c660 View Post
3 -4: ADB is working and also i have my driver installed. and what is this ADB sideload do??? about the USB mount same result
6. it works and enter to fastboot mode

reboot to recover:

Before
Code:
Select Code
after (after i pressed the reboot to recovery button and the phone is in "rebooting stage"
Code:
Select Code
usb mount should have worked. Please boot into recovery again and mount the usb storage. Then give me the output of this command
cat /sys/devices/platform/musb-ux500.0/musb-hdrc/gadget/lun0/file

This doesn't seem right, both cmdline is same. If you can reboot to recovery with CWM, then flash the boot.img with CWM again and follow this
1) while your device is on, run cat /proc/cmdline and post it here.
2) now reboot to recovery from power menu or from other software (romtoolbox)
3) while in recovery, run again cat /proc/cmdline and post it here.

mr.abdolian
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Thumbs up Just TNX !

Bro @NoobCoder, Your work is really excellent !
This is exactly what I need...I looked for this many times before but I didn't find any helpful post...but now you DID IT!
I love TWRP Recovery.
Again TNX for your work. I appreciate it.
...::: Thanks to All Sufferer Developers :::...

My Smartphone:

My Works:
◊ Elite XPERIA™ Wallpapers V2 Mod ◊
◊ Elite XPERIA™ Wallpapers Mod ◊

"Your life begins since you take your destiny's authority in your hand"
<< Cyrus the Great >>

Tags
pepper, team win recovery, twrp, xperia sola