Wow. Really. Great ROM. Tried it after using SlimKat for a while which is also very good. I like the eye candy
Today I played a bit with the options in the Aroma installers, and I noted that there will be a boot loop when selecting the SonySketch font during the installation of part 1. I had to flash another kernel via fastboot to get back to recovery and start over. Don't know about the other fonts, don't have the time to test them all
sticking with Stock Z2 now.
BTW there is a problem with the gapps mentioned in this thread. The link at the beginning of this thread is dead, resp. the linked thread has all its download links removed and is closed. The package that was mentioned in a later post was for 4.4.2 and failed to install. The nano package from here seems to be a good option:
A few other things that I noted:
- auto brightness causes 30% cpu load and battery drain, as in all ROMs here
- I'm missing brightness control by swyping over the status bar. Can that be added?
- Lockscreen widgets don't work even if enabled in Personalization -> Lock screen ### SOLVED, set low_ram=false in build.prop
- Clicking on Personalization -> Lock screen -> Slider shortcuts FCs the settings
- Transparent status bar setting gone after reboot ### SOLVED, set low_ram=false in build.prop
- Are there any customizations possible for the Xperia Home screen, like changing the number of icon rows and columns? The 4x4 roster is a bit small.
- After reboot I get a message saying "No SIM card found", yet everything works.
- The touch screen is very nervous, over-sensitive. When tapping and holding an item it flurries below my finger. Setting sliders to an exact position is close to impossible. Are there any settings/calibrations?
- After changing the design to "Colorful Xperia" the status bar transparency is gone.