Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,212 Members 42,660 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][UB][4.4.4] Unofficial Carbon KK [Weekly-30/08]

Tip us?

alwaysadeel
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2,548
Weekly 19/08 released
Quote:
- Removed Hover, added Heads-Up (see FAQ on howto enable Headsup)
- Updated Sources
Enjoy
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to alwaysadeel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

droid_cyborg
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Exclamation heads up problem for whatsapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysadeel View Post
Weekly 19/08 released

Enjoy
hey i have been using the weekly 8, but when i enable heads up for whatsapp/ whatsapp+ the app force closes if i open it by clicking on the heads up notification...it works fine with heads up disabled or if opened by the whatsapp icon...everything else is fine!
Phones used:
Nokia N72
Sony Xperia Sola

Current ROM:
Unofficial Carbon KK

ROM's used:
White pepper

christos4
Old
Thanks Meter 6
will update soon, to check if I'll get the whats app problem as well

saifer92
Old
Thanks Meter 8
On this rom (but also on other kitkat roms, like STE) 8/10 times is impossible make or receive a phone call, even setting low minfree values, setting heap size to 196m, manually closing apps, reboot phone daily or plus, etc. Is impossible listen voice (me and my interlocutor) and sometimes phone app is black (so is impossible end call) and end call button on notification bar isn't responsive... this is frustrating

sorry bad English
The Following User Says Thank You to saifer92 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

droid_cyborg
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by saifer92 View Post
On this rom (but also on other kitkat roms, like STE) 8/10 times is impossible make or receive a phone call, even setting low minfree values, setting heap size to 196m, manually closing apps, reboot phone daily or plus, etc. Is impossible listen voice (me and my interlocutor) and sometimes phone app is black (so is impossible end call) and end call button on notification bar isn't responsive... this is frustrating

sorry bad English
I do have this problem..but not 8/10 times...maybe 2/10 times..but that's fine..BTW I have not set minfree values or heap size...i use the smartassv2 givernor...
but yes I do have problems running many games..usually games which are more than 40mb in size...but all in all..this ROM is pretty good...!

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Weekly 19/08 released

Enjoy
Just noticed this...when I want to uninstall an app...there is no option to uninstall it by holding on the app icon in app drawer and then the uninstall on the top side of home screen... I mean the uninstall and app info options dont show up on home screen...app can be uninstalled from settings..is there some setting to enable those options?

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Weekly 19/08 released

Enjoy
Just noticed this...when I want to uninstall an app...there is no option to uninstall it by holding on the app icon in app drawer and then the uninstall on the top side of home screen... I mean the uninstall and app info options dont show up on home screen...app can be uninstalled from settings..is there some setting to enable those options?
Phones used:
Nokia N72
Sony Xperia Sola

Current ROM:
Unofficial Carbon KK

ROM's used:
White pepper

saifer92
Old
(Last edited by saifer92; 24th August 2014 at 03:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by droid_cyborg View Post
I do have this problem..but not 8/10 times...maybe 2/10 times..but that's fine..BTW I have not set minfree values or heap size...i use the smartassv2 givernor...
but yes I do have problems running many games..usually games which are more than 40mb in size...but all in all..this ROM is pretty good...!

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

what's standard heap size value? 124m?

EDIT: i've set 124 heap size and all what you suggested: nothing to do...

abbas23
Old
Thanks Meter 15
@alwaysadeel
Can you make next build based on m9 rather than just archy's
Ive noticed that most of the apps crash after a black screen in this and i believe this is due to just archy optimizations

Sent from my Xperia Sola using XDA Free mobile app

alwaysadeel
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbas23 View Post
@alwaysadeel
Can you make next build based on m9 rather than just archy's
Ive noticed that most of the apps crash after a black screen in this and i believe this is due to just archy optimizations

Sent from my Xperia Sola using XDA Free mobile app
this has nothing to do with archi, u can try a build yourself

Weekly 30/08 released
Quote:
- Updated Device, TWRP, Carbon sources

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alwaysadeel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]