Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,356 Members 39,907 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][UB][4.4.4] Unofficial Carbon KK [Weekly-12/09]

Tip us?

adhawk
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Question ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysadeel View Post
If coming from some other Rom

- Extract boot.img from zip and fastboot flash
- Boot into CWM
- Wipe data,cache,system and dalvik cache
- Flash ROM
- Flash GAPPS (4.4.4)
- Reboot
I currently use ported JB 4.1.2 stock based rom with CWM but not TWRP. And decided to flash CarbonKK rom.

1) After fastboot flash the boot.img, do I boot into CWM or TWRP? because there is only TWRP after flashing the kernel. or I have to reflash the cwm after flashing kernel?
2) Do I have to go to Mount and uncheck system (like the instruction for flashing SlimKat rom) after wiping the data, cache, dalvik, and system?

Thanks
Sony Xperia Sola MT27i

Peppecarto
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by adhawk View Post
I currently use ported JB 4.1.2 stock based rom with CWM but not TWRP. And decided to flash CarbonKK rom.

1) After fastboot flash the boot.img, do I boot into CWM or TWRP? because there is only TWRP after flashing the kernel. or I have to reflash the cwm after flashing kernel?
2) Do I have to go to Mount and uncheck system (like the instruction for flashing SlimKat rom) after wiping the data, cache, dalvik, and system?

Thanks
1) u don't have to flash cwm
2) after full wipe go ahead directly with installation
The Following User Says Thank You to Peppecarto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ttilits
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I can't switch to art.I try wipe cache dalvick and stuck in the boot.why isn't working? With my nexus I saw great improvement. I wish I can use it with my sola. What do you think guys I must do to fix it?

alwaysadeel
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by adhawk View Post

Thanks
its TWRP now, OP updated. if installation fails unmount system

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttilits View Post
I can't switch to art.I try wipe cache dalvick and stuck in the boot.why isn't working? With my nexus I saw great improvement. I wish I can use it with my sola. What do you think guys I must do to fix it?
it is advisable to switch to ART after fresh install before installing any other Apps to reduce first boot time.
The Following User Says Thank You to alwaysadeel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kardigan
Old
(Last edited by Kardigan; Yesterday at 07:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8
After the last update very often the device reboots after opening Facebook. Can I fix that? Thank you.
Also sometimes when trying to make a call the device freezes in phone app and needs a reboot.

ttilits
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysadeel View Post
its TWRP now, OP updated. if installation fails unmount system

it is advisable to switch to ART after fresh install before installing any other Apps to reduce first boot time.
i try it but nothing happens art is working fine on your sola?