Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,099 Members 46,317 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

DLNA default app incompatible with MiniDLNA server

Tip us?

NightSky256
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85
Default DLNA default app incompatible with MiniDLNA server

Does anyone knows how to play Divx/Xvid videos trought DLNA default app ?
i have an home server (debian Wheezy) that offers some services.
I have MiniDLNA .24 Daemon on it, that permits my Samsung TV to play videos trought DLNA service.

I had an i9000 by Samsung that could also play videos or music trought DLNA.

Now with Xperia S i have a DLNA app by default (connected devices), with this app i can browse my DLNA resources but once i try to view a resource (jpg, mp3, avi or mkv) i always get an "Unrecognized Format" error...

why ?

is there a better DLNA browsing APP ?

i found BSPlayer, with that i can browse my SMB share on the server and play the media, but it's NOT DLNA... it uses SMB shares, that i would like to switch off sice i didn't have Windows machines at home...

speederi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Neither I could play videos and music from my synology NAS, but I could with BubbleUPnP...

sirksael
Old
Thanks Meter 0
It seems the default DLNA app does not recognise any alternative players on the phone.
I installed moboplayer app (for Divx/...) and UPnPlay app. UPnP works similar to the default DLNA app, but when you select a Divx video it allows you to choose where to play it, for example using moboplayer.
You can even push the video to a DLNA player, like WD live TV or DLNA compatible TV.

NightSky256
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirksael View Post
It seems the default DLNA app does not recognise any alternative players on the phone.
I installed moboplayer app (for Divx/...) and UPnPlay app. UPnP works similar to the default DLNA app, but when you select a Divx video it allows you to choose where to play it, for example using moboplayer.
You can even push the video to a DLNA player, like WD live TV or DLNA compatible TV.
Thanks, i got mad trying to define a working DLNA profile with serviio instead of MiniDlna for this phone, but it seems like the default player only work with MP2 streams (DVD format) even the x264 didn't work... it's really bad...

i will try UPnPlay, and if it works i will throw away serviio and restore MiniDlna wich is better for my Samsung TV and my sanity :P

sundeep.677
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Try 'VPLAYER'.....

pshdo
Old
Thanks Meter 58
I use mediaHouse as "browser" instead, and Vplayer to play the movies...

Sent from my Xperia S using xda premium
Regards PsHdO
My phones:
HTC: Legend, Desire HD, Sensation, One X, One X+, ONE, ONE DualSim
SONY(/Ericsson): T65, T68, K750, W800, K850, X10i, X10i mini, X10i mini pro, Arc, Ray, S, V, T, Z, Z1, Z1c
Samsung: Galaxy SII, S3, Tab 10.1, Note 10.1, Xcover2