[MOD][CAM]GBXperia S|Video 1080p >20mb Bitrate|720p >15mb Bitrate|>100% Image quality
Thanks to all the lovely people in the "Root XPS (63 & 67 FW) [Update: 08.03.12]" section I am now able to test my mods and install apps direct to System/app.
As with my previous camera mods this "initial" version increases video 1080p bitrate from 14mbps to 20mbps and 720p from 6mbps(pathetic) to 15mbps.
Also increases Image quality from 90% to some what over 100% by fiddling with the constants array-data and removing the 0x5A cap, image size will be bigger; I'll be able to check images better in the morning during the day.
This version should work with all firmware and roms versions for Gingerbread 2.3.7.
1. Extract the zip files to a folder.
2. Obtain a root file browser like rootexplorer or ES File Explorer.
3. Rename the current files on the phone before replacing.
4. Activate root access via the file browser of choice and copy SemcCameraUI.apk to system/app and media_profiles.xml to system/etc
5. Apply permissions and change owner to match any other file in the same directory for both the above files (06755 and root).
6. Reboot device.
7. Recommend to go into Settings then Applications then manage Applications and find the camera install settings under the All tab and press clear data to restore camera default settings.
1.Copy the file to your phone, reboot into clockworkmod recovery.
2.Select "install zip", then sip >> sdcard and browse for the file then click and 3.confirm to install.
4.restart your phone as normal.
Seems very smooth with video at these moderately increased levels, will see how high the bitrate goes.
I've tested most of the functions of the app and it should be fairly glitch free, let me know otherwise.
For more info on how I modded these files check my previous mods in my signature below.
Got a few more ideas and as always suggestions welcome.
Seems the media_profiles.xml does have some side effects and i've had a few random force closes with video settings, if you experience this just replace the file with your backup version and restart the phone. I'm looking into this.
New version of the files uploaded, fixed the above issue force closing with video settings.
On comparison it seems the quality of even the 14mbps stock bitrate is extremely good, which says quite alot about the 12mp image sensor used, high praise indeed.
Seems to be a Sony bug with Image stabilization set to on and changing the ISO setting, this actually disables the image stabilization.
Found on the Sony Xperia forums this is currently being looked at by Sony for a fix