[U/P][Root] U-Disco - Entertaining Lights in the Illumination Bar - now also for P

Search This thread

rundgong

Jun 12, 2012
Hi,

I have created a new app for the Xperia U, that will give you "disco lights" in the illumination bar.
Now also works for Xperia P.

So far it only has a few modes. It does both plain blinks and also blinks that are driven by the music you play.
Pro version has more colors and can run in the background.

It only works on Xperia U or Xperia P, and it also requires ROOT to get individual access to the LEDs.
On anything but a rooted XU or rooted XP i'm sure it will do absolutely nothing...

It's called U-Disco and you can find it at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rundgong.udisco
Pro version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rundgong.udiscopro

Try it out and let me know what you think.
If you have suggestions for fun blink patterns, let me know and I'll try to include it in upcoming releases.

Last edited:

viirus6200

Oct 20, 2012
Hi,
I have tested the application and what I think is great! But I wish that the lights are activated only when you make a pressure on the touchscreen buttons. Is what you know to do that?

babu.rajiv2007

Jun 1, 2012
Kerala
Loved the crazy discos...
Great idea, and nicely implemented. :thumbup:

Possible to add an option to turn off the LED?

Regards.

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

rundgong

Jun 12, 2012
Hi,
I have tested the application and what I think is great! But I wish that the lights are activated only when you make a pressure on the touchscreen buttons. Is what you know to do that?
That is not the intention with this app.

Possible to add an option to turn off the LED?

The LEDs should go off when you change the selection on either drop down list.
Sometimes you may need to toggle audio source on and off before it really goes off

wisnuhadi23

Jul 11, 2012
It's cool. Haha, I feel like little child playing with his torches.

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

jitin02

Mar 17, 2009
Unknown
www.safaribikes.com
Confirming that this app works fcking seXy on Xperia U with CM9 (fxp145) ALso, love the rainbow thing Gr8 job And hell the music thing works toooo seXy on CM9 also ..............

But why the LEDs are back to normal if i am back to home screen by pressing back button its nt permanent .

But the left led is stable ..dont do anything

Btw, Made a Quick Review http://youtu.be/6Tn-tZPzAxE

martin255

Feb 2, 2011
Kiskunhalas, Hungary
Good job, thanks! :)
Too bad Android closes it when I play a memory intensive game, such as Dead Trigger... It'd be cool to have the light effects while shooting :D
Can you do a root version and make it stay in the memory of the phone?

rundgong

Jun 12, 2012
But why the LEDs are back to normal if i am back to home screen by pressing back button its nt permanent .
The default behavior for an app is to shut down when you press the back button. If you want to keep it running in the background you can press the home button instead.

Good job, thanks! :)
Too bad Android closes it when I play a memory intensive game, such as Dead Trigger... It'd be cool to have the light effects while shooting :D
Can you do a root version and make it stay in the memory of the phone?
I don't know how it works with high prio processes on android, but I can look into it.

I also don't really know how good android is at deciding when to kill apps.
It is supposed to only kill apps when other apps need the memory, but I guess it is possible that it kills apps earlier than it really needs to.
Anyone know how good this works?
I don't want to change the app so it makes the rest of the system run poorly by holding on to memory that really should have been released.

martin255

Feb 2, 2011
Kiskunhalas, Hungary
The default behavior for an app is to shut down when you press the back button. If you want to keep it running in the background you can press the home button instead.

I don't know how it works with high prio processes on android, but I can look into it.

I also don't really know how good android is at deciding when to kill apps.
It is supposed to only kill apps when other apps need the memory, but I guess it is possible that it kills apps earlier than it really needs to.
Anyone know how good this works?
I don't want to change the app so it makes the rest of the system run poorly by holding on to memory that really should have been released.

Well, it works with apps which are not very ram hungry, such as Jetpack Joyride and others.

malice.dirge

Dec 21, 2010
Bandung
cool app :D reminds me of my old SE W830 that has this orange walkman button that also lights up according to the beat of the music. is it possible for you to include another color?

Top Liked Posts