Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,266 Members 40,972 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GB][LB/UB] Refreshed Gingerbread - stock .184 ROM [update: 09/03/2014]

Tip us?
 
ryanperez
Old
#181  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 157
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeriL View Post
Install it via cwm, turn off and flash any gb kernel via flashmode.. Perfect for daily use!

Sent from NeriL.device using NeriL.preferredApp
What GB kernel are you using? i'm currently on this rom kernel.
 
NeriL
Old
#182  
NeriL's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 53
Posts: 253
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: General Pinto
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanperez View Post
What GB kernel are you using? i'm currently on this rom kernel.
I'm using stock GB kernel (build 6.0.B.3.184).. You can search kernel ftf, but if you don't find it, you can flash entire stock rom ftf excluding everything except kernel
Phone: Sony Xperia U
Rooted?: Yes
ROM: GB-Rocks v3 + Holo Dark Theme
Bootloader: Locked (Not-unlockable)
 
tksko
Old
#183  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bahia Blanca
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeriL View Post
I'm using stock GB kernel (build 6.0.B.3.184).. You can search kernel ftf, but if you don't find it, you can flash entire stock rom ftf excluding everything except kernel
is there any problem if i am on locked bootload? i can flash any kernel? or it muest be for locked bootloader?

ty!
 
NeriL
Old
(Last edited by NeriL; 15th July 2014 at 03:19 AM.)
#184  
NeriL's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 53
Posts: 253
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: General Pinto
Quote:
Originally Posted by tksko View Post
is there any problem if i am on locked bootload? i can flash any kernel? or it muest be for locked bootloader?

ty!
Stock kernel works on any bootloader. Just make sure it is a GB kernel. ICS kernels on GB roms cause bootloop
Phone: Sony Xperia U
Rooted?: Yes
ROM: GB-Rocks v3 + Holo Dark Theme
Bootloader: Locked (Not-unlockable)
 
tksko
Old
#185  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bahia Blanca
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeriL View Post
Stock kernel works on any bootloader. Just make sure it is a GB kernel. ICS kernels on GB roms cause bootloop
I see in your signature that you are using other custom GB.. do you recommend this one or your actual one? which one is better?

thanks!
 
NeriL
Old
#186  
NeriL's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 53
Posts: 253
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: General Pinto
Quote:
Originally Posted by tksko View Post
I see in your signature that you are using other custom GB.. do you recommend this one or your actual one? which one is better?

thanks!
I change between GB roms very often.. My signature is a bit outdated.... I always apply my aosp theme, so I always use the same ui on different roms

Sent from NeriL.device using NeriL.preferredApp
Phone: Sony Xperia U
Rooted?: Yes
ROM: GB-Rocks v3 + Holo Dark Theme
Bootloader: Locked (Not-unlockable)
 
ryanperez
Old
#187  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 157
Join Date: Aug 2013
What is the nearest JB ROM for performance in this rom? currently using the ROM but the compability sucks.
 
raisedadead
Old
#188  
raisedadead's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 15
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pune
Question MD5 or SHA Checksum Anyone?

Hi I am have downloaded the ROM from the link provided, but I am not sure if the file is corrupted, because there are errors while flashing. I tried re-downloading, and the same happened. Can anyone post a checksum for the ROM, so that i can verify the integrity before digging deeper so as to why I am unable to flash?

Thanks a lot in advance,


regards,

raisedadead
 
NeriL
Old
#189  
NeriL's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 53
Posts: 253
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: General Pinto
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisedadead View Post
Hi I am have downloaded the ROM from the link provided, but I am not sure if the file is corrupted, because there are errors while flashing. I tried re-downloading, and the same happened. Can anyone post a checksum for the ROM, so that i can verify the integrity before digging deeper so as to why I am unable to flash?

Thanks a lot in advance,


regards,

raisedadead
Extract the rom zip with winrar or winzip.. If it completes successfully, md5 is OK..

Sent from NeriL.device using NeriL.preferredApp
Phone: Sony Xperia U
Rooted?: Yes
ROM: GB-Rocks v3 + Holo Dark Theme
Bootloader: Locked (Not-unlockable)
 
raisedadead
Old
#190  
raisedadead's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 15
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pune
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeriL View Post
Extract the rom zip with winrar or winzip.. If it completes successfully, md5 is OK..

Sent from NeriL.device using NeriL.preferredApp
Thanks for the tip..! I guess I was correct and the extract did not complete and shows the archive as corrupted, I re-downloaded on Chrome, and everything seems good!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes