Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,614 Members 44,494 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY][XU] CWM 6.0.4.8 Swipe Recovery [2014-05-21]

Tip us?

aggourodolmas
Old
(Last edited by aggourodolmas; 21st July 2014 at 04:19 PM.) Reason: solved
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGONTUK View Post
F.A.Q

If you encounter error like "cmdline out of range" in the terminal, then after executing run_me; type this in the terminal
Code:
adb shell
su
cd /data/local/tmp/boot/
kernel_make zImage initrd.gz cmdline boot.img
then copy the boot.img to your desktop and flash it.
ok.. stupid question mayde.. i get the "cmdline out of range" error and after executing run_me I type the commands and finally I get tha message "target file boot.img is patched succesfully, enjoy new kernel" but where is this boot.img stored so I can grab it and flash it? I am searching my androd folders and can not locate it.. probably I have not understand it or what..?

EDIT: ok. the problem was that folders were not mounted as writable and were not visible.
anyway. thank you!
Phone:

- SONY XPERIA U
Recovery:
CWM 6.0.2.8
ROM:
[4.1.2] XNovathor project v5
MODs:

AGONTUK
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggourodolmas View Post
ok.. stupid question mayde.. i get the "cmdline out of range" error and after executing run_me I type the commands and finally I get tha message "target file boot.img is patched succesfully, enjoy new kernel" but where is this boot.img stored so I can grab it and flash it? I am searching my androd folders and can not locate it.. probably I have not understand it or what..?
It's in the /data/local/tmp/boot folder.
The Following User Says Thank You to AGONTUK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aggourodolmas
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
It's in the /data/local/tmp/boot folder.
damn.. after and that it doesn't boot in recovery. I keep pressing volume up to enter recovery it loads for a second and then restarts just to boot normally.
Phone:

- SONY XPERIA U
Recovery:
CWM 6.0.2.8
ROM:
MODs:

AGONTUK
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 883
Quote:
damn.. after and that it doesn't boot in recovery. I keep pressing volume up to enter recovery it loads for a second and then restarts just to boot normally.
we use volume down to enter recovery !!!!

aggourodolmas
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
we use volume down to enter recovery !!!!
not even with volume down works.
here is what I do. after extracting boot.img, I flash it via flashtool and fastboot mode and it gives me the "OK' sign. I power on device and on SONY logo I keep pressing volume down, enters for a second in recovery and restarts again to boot normally cause it can not enter recovery.
I think I am gonna give it up..
Phone:

- SONY XPERIA U
Recovery:
CWM 6.0.2.8
ROM:
MODs:

AGONTUK
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 883
Quote:
not even with volume down works.
here is what I do. after extracting boot.img, I flash it via flashtool and fastboot mode and it gives me the "OK' sign. I power on device and on SONY logo I keep pressing volume down, enters for a second in recovery and restarts again to boot normally cause it can not enter recovery.
I think I am gonna give it up..
After sony logo, led bar will light up with red, yellow, green light. Then it'll vibrate and pressing volume button will trigger recovery. If not, then you have done something wrong. Follow instruction properly, use command line not flashtool. Also this is mainly for kitkat roms, I don't know if it'll work properly on previous android versions.

fozinahwi
Old
Thanks Meter 4
can someone upload thee new recovery cuz i dunno how to do that adb thing im using experimental v12
thx!

Tags
clockworkmod, cwm recovery, swipe recovery, xperia u