[RECOVERY][XU] TWRP 18.104.22.168 touch recovery [2014-03-19]
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
Team Win Recovery Project or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch driven user interface , no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout true theming!
Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
Ability to choose to compress backups now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
Decryption of /data
Easy selection of internal/external storage
since our device developers are constantly trying to fix bugs, they are always changing something in init.*.rc files for testing. For this reason I can't post a regular boot.img file because it won't work. For now, I've created a script that will take all init.*.rc files from current rom's boot.img and then compile new boot.img with TWRP inside it.
Note : For Rooted & Unlocked Bootloader Only
Note : For 4.4 ROM (should work on older version of android upto 4.1). I only tested with CM11. So please provide feedback
1) Download the latest zip file.
2) Extract it in a folder and place your current rom's boot.img inside that folder. (it must be named boot.img
3) For latest ramdisk, download it and replace the old initrd.gz with it.
4) Connect your phone with PC. (adb must be working
5) Open your command line and cd to that folder
6) For linux users, type
chmod 755 run_me.sh
For windows users, type
new boot.img file will be created in the current directory named new_boot.img
. Power off your phone and flash the boot image.
fastboot flash boot new_boot.img
7) If you want flashable zips after creating boot image, use this zip http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=85
Information on TWRP 2 Theming - http://teamw.in/project/twrp2themers
To ROM makers
if you include it in your ROM, please give proper credits cause I've spent almost a month trying to port this.Thanks.
recovery_install_19_03_2014.zip - 6.42 MB
TWRP source -> https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery
device tree -> https://github.com/Agontuk/android_device_sony_kumquat
all teamwin members, especially @Dees_Troy for giving me constant advice
@munjeni for his support and answering all my questions