[ROM][UB][4.4.4] Unofficial OmniROM for Xperia U [2014-10-25]

Search This thread

Claudiu1

Nov 2, 2013
Rome
I'm the only one with the "tinted status bar" not working? and... any news about implementing illumination bar fix?

AGONTUK

Feb 22, 2013
Dhaka
I'm the only one with the "tinted status bar" not working? and... any news about implementing illumination bar fix?
Tinted status bar still needs some fixing. I'll apply led fix soon.

in open delta folder there's a folder called flash after update ,you can place there the zip to flash automatically after update
I know that, I'm trying to fix so that it'll be preserved after update.

Claudiu1

Nov 2, 2013
Rome
I've some other problem i noticed: when i try to unlock the phone i have to push the button two times, because the first time, the screen doesn't wake. And, when i put in the headphones, "sistem" seems to stop working... this advice appears often.
I hope you can fix this problems, if i can help with something, don't exitate to ask me :)

AGONTUK

Feb 22, 2013
Dhaka
I've some other problem i noticed: when i try to unlock the phone i have to push the button two times, because the first time, the screen doesn't wake. And, when i put in the headphones, "sistem" seems to stop working... this advice appears often.
I hope you can fix this problems, if i can help with something, don't exitate to ask me :)

Give me a logcat so that I can find the issue. I don't have headphones right now.

Claudiu1

Nov 2, 2013
Rome
ok, testing more and more times this error, i can describe what happens exactly... so... i put in the headphones and the system seems to be more laggy, in particular, when i try to increase the volume, the touchscreen stop working and, after some seconds, the screen turns off. Then i can't wake the phone for 10 - 20 seconds. Music reproduction, however does not work at first, when i put in the headphones, but after waiting a bit, it starts working. As i said, sometimes appears an advice that tells me that the "system" seems to don't work and asks me if i want to wait or to end the process...

oh, i also noticed an omx error in the log and in the other logs i've done, can it be the cause of this problem?

And, yes, the problem also persist with poweramp

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

does this rom have call lags??
if no i will install it as soon i can use illumination bar =)

there is a bit of call lag, bus it should be solved in next release, I saw some commits about this, in omnirom gerrit

AGONTUK

Feb 22, 2013
Dhaka
Build 3 is released. Use OpenDelta to update the rom or you can manually download from the link provided in the OP.

NOTE: You'll lost root after OpenDelta update. So you need to flash SuperSU again. One workaround is to keep the SuperSU.zip in the Opendelta->FlashAfterUpdate folder, so that opendelta can flash it right after updating.

Changelog Build 3 [2014-10-16]
- Fixed battery led in offline charging
- Added fix for InCallUI in memory
- Disabled JIT for better performance in lower memory device
- updated omni & twrp sources

Claudiu1

Nov 2, 2013
Rome
Build 3 is released. Use OpenDelta to update the rom or you can manually download from the link provided in the OP.

NOTE: You'll lost root after OpenDelta update. So you need to flash SuperSU again. One workaround is to keep the SuperSU.zip in the Opendelta->FlashAfterUpdate folder, so that opendelta can flash it right after updating.

It's great! Good work, man... but for me open delta it's not working, and you probably forget illumination bar fix ;)

AGONTUK

Feb 22, 2013
Dhaka
It's great! Good work, man... but for me open delta it's not working, and you probably forget illumination bar fix ;)

What does opendelta show when you check for update? Can you give me a log? Did OD cause problems before or only for this update? I'm also updating via OD and it works fine for me.

About Illumination fix, Omni have quite different implementations than other custom roms. So I need to fix it in another way, it's gonna take some time.

Claudiu1

Nov 2, 2013
Rome
What does opendelta show when you check for update? Can you give me a log? Did OD cause problems before or only for this update? I'm also updating via OD and it works fine for me.

About Illumination fix, Omni have quite different implementations than other custom roms. So I need to fix it in another way, it's gonna take some time.

it checks for updates, then appears a charging bar that reaches the 100% in some seconds and nothing happens (after this process re-appears "The system is up to date"). The log is in the attachments and it's not the first time when i notice this problem :(

ok, i will wait for the fix :)

Attachments

• opendelta.txt
    81.7 KB · Views: 7

AGONTUK

Feb 22, 2013
Dhaka
it checks for updates, then appears a charging bar that reaches the 100% in some seconds and nothing happens (after this process re-appears "The system is up to date"). The log is in the attachments and it's not the first time when i notice this problem :(

ok, i will wait for the fix :)

hmm, I forgot that debugging is disabled in OpenDelta :eek:. Anyway looks like you've problems from the beginning. Do you have slow connection? Cause I've updated my device twice with OD to make sure it works.

Claudiu1

Nov 2, 2013
Rome
hmm, I forgot that debugging is disabled in OpenDelta :eek:. Anyway looks like you've problems from the beginning. Do you have slow connection? Cause I've updated my device twice with OD to make sure it works.

my connection is not so fast, but it reaches easily 3/4 mbps i also tried to activate the 3g updating, but... nothing...

Claudiu1

Nov 2, 2013
Rome
I'm here, again, to talk about some other problems i noticed: first, a graphic bug, with the active display... don't know if anyone noticed this... then, some times, when i reboot my phone in recovery (probably when it's charging, but i'm not sure), it turns off, but after this, it doesn't boot. The third problem is a lighting problem: sometimes, when I decrease it at minimum, i use the phone in this way for some time and, then, i return at my normal level, it bugs (after locking and unlocking the phone, the lighting is at minimum once again).

If you need log for something, just tell me ;)

AGONTUK

Feb 22, 2013
Dhaka
I'm here, again, to talk about some other problems i noticed: first, a graphic bug, with the active display... don't know if anyone noticed this... then, some times, when i reboot my phone in recovery (probably when it's charging, but i'm not sure), it turns off, but after this, it doesn't boot. The third problem is a lighting problem: sometimes, when I decrease it at minimum, i use the phone in this way for some time and, then, i return at my normal level, it bugs (after locking and unlocking the phone, the lighting is at minimum once again).

If you need log for something, just tell me ;)

1) yes, ActiveDisplay layout is bugged. It's omni issue, I'll try to fix it.
2) this problem occurred to me in every rom I've used so far. It's random, so I still didn't able to get a log. For now I use only "Power Off" option. If you can get a log during the shutdown, post it here.
3) Don't know about this one. Logs might be helpful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Claudiu1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FnHjB2t.png

What is OmniROM?

Code:
    [COLOR="Teal"]#include[/COLOR] [COLOR="Sienna"]<std_disclaimer.h>[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Red"]/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */[/COLOR]

~General Information~

Welcome to my first custom rom project. As I said before, I've decided to work on OmniROM to make it my daily rom. I'm also submitting fixes in omni gerrit and some have been successfully merged. This is mainly a personal project, but I'll post updates here so that you can try it out. So don't expect to get updates in every week ;)

~Features~

HTML:
    Highly customizable device settings with OmniGears

Highly customizable recent apps panel with OmniSwitch

Contextual header image in notification drawer

Active Display Notification (experimental)

Tinted Status Bar (work in progress)

Non-intrusive InCall UI

Built-in Performance Control

~Installation~

OmniROM doesn't come with prebuilt root access. So you have to flash SuperSU from Chainfire. Also use PA Gapps from TKruzze. Links are given below. Download all including rom and follow the instructions.
    • Copy SuperSU, Gapps and OmniROM zip to your SDCard
    • Boot into recovery
    • Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache
    • Goto Mount and uncheck system
    • Flash the OmniROM.zip
    • Flash PA Gapps and SuperSU
    • Reboot your device
    First boot takes some minutes. Wait patiently.

~Recommendations~
    • Use any third party launcher cause stock launcher sucks. (I'm using Nova)
    • After booted, goto Settings->SuperSU. A popup will be displayed to install backup script, say yes. Then switch to settings tab of SuperSU, scroll down and check if "Install SuperSU backup script" has been grayed out. If not, select it to install the script again. This maybe required during opendelta updates, I'm still testing.
    • Don't delete the omnirom zip file otherwise you've to download the whole rom again via opendelta. I'll try to provide updates by OD cause it'll be more efficient.

~Bugs~

- Same bugs as other roms (a2dp, radio, omx, wifi direct). I'll try to fix as much as I can.

~Downloads~

OmniROM Builds
    SuperSU
    PA Gapps

~Sources~

OmniRom -> https://github.com/omnirom
    Kernel -> https://github.com/Agontuk/android_kernel_sony_u8500
    My contributions -> https://gerrit.omnirom.org/#/q/owner:%22Iftekhar+Rifat%22

~Credits~

- Omni Developers
    - munjeni & 95A31 for their hard work on our devices
    - AOSX team for fixing bugs
    - Meticulus for his work on OMX
    Something big is coming ;)
    ScreenShots​
    xJr4yOe.png
    jeXfjrS.png
    MDuSRyn.png

2I8loJo.png
    cCQ4bEy.png
    Thbl1Xu.png

Changelog Build 1 [2014-10-03]

- First Build
    - Fixed Camera FC
    - Fixed some bugs in OmniGears and Settings
    - TWRP 2.8.0.0
    - New MTP Storage mode in TWRP
    - Bluez 5.23
    - Added custom button config in Settings
    - Added multicolor battery led support

Changelog Build 2 [2014-10-08]

- Fixed offline charging
    - Updated Bluez to 5.24 (thanks to percy)
    - Added back voice dialer
    - Changed battery capacity value to original one
    - Fixed a bug in OmniSwitch
    - Fixed FC in PerformanceControl
    - Fixed FC in InCallUI

Changelog Build 4 [2014-10-25]

- Optimized dalvik with low memory footprint.
    - Added back touch configuration files from stock
    - TWRP 2.8.1.0
    - Optimized LowMemoryKiller values for low-memory devices
    - Added video streaming fix by Meticulus
    - Fixed some logcat errors regarding audio
    - Updated omni source
    BUILD 5 will not be released soon. I'm trying out some new things, so it's gonna take a while to fix errors.
    About OpenDelta Update

For OpenDelta updates, you must have the first builds' zip file in the sdcard. OpenDelta finds new updates and patches the first build with latest changes. Then it creates a new flashable uncompressed zip file in the OpenDelta folder. After that, it reboots into recovery and flashes that zip file.

If you don't have the first build in your sdcard, opendelta will download the whole rom which'll be time consuming. So don't delete it.