Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,869 Members 39,336 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Carrier unlock upon installing new ROM on Xperia X10 Mini Pro?

Tip us?

Pedro Crispim
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Carrier unlock upon installing new ROM on Xperia X10 Mini Pro?

Hello!

I am newly registered here, but I have been around for some time, and I love the forums and all the help one can find here. So I decided to register in order to ask for some help as well...

I searched for this, but I am not sure about the results that came up so let me ask it directly:

I have an Xperia X10 Mini Pro and, as it is getting a bit old, decided to experiment with custom ROMS. So far everything is stock and unaltered. And the phone is carrier locked to Vodafone. Will this lock be a problem somewhere along the way? And how exactly can I (if possible) unlock it while having a new, custom ROM in it?

I'd like to try out the "MiniCM7Pro - V21". Can I refer to this thread as a reference? Or, taking into account that I am starting from scratch (unaltered and carrier locked phone), is there a better place to refer to?

Thanks in advance!
Best regards!

kt-Froggy
Old
Thanks Meter 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Crispim View Post
Can I refer to this thread as a reference?
Just keep in mind that the thread you linked is for the X10 Mini (not Pro, i.e. without the sliding keyboard). I am not familiar with Mini Pro, so I don't really know how much of a difference there is in the process, but make sure you find information that is relevant and applicable to your specific model...
Optimus G F180S, Sling v2.2.2 (KK 4.4.2)
Xperia X10 Mini, rooted stock 2.1
MeMO Pad HD 7 ME173X, rooted US stock 4.2.2

To whom it may concern: STOP nagging about pressing the freakin' Thanks button!!! It is rude, stupid, and annoying as hell. I am not an idiot who needs a huge in-my-face reminder to press it, and I will press it when I feel thankful, not because you asked for it!