[Q] How did i install a rom?

5th September 2014, 03:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
I have my old X10a that i haven't used since some time in 2012, and my wife is needing to use it after her phone was stolen.

It has xRecovery 0.3 installed, and I had installed a rom on it, but i'm not sure which one (android 2.3.3, build 3.0.1.G.0.75).

It currently has very little storage available, even with only the absolutely minimal apps installed. in the process of trying to make space, i ran 1-click cleaner to clear space, and it identified a couple of files called system.img and data.img that add up to over 600MB.

i seem to remember when installing a rom on one of my phones that rather than overwriting the existing OS, it installed it into a separate image file, and ran from the image file, leaving the stock OS installed, but unused.

Am i crazy? is this how a rom would have been installed without an unlocked bootloader?

if so, can i go back to the stock OS and get that file space back? if 1-click cleaner is finding these files, does that mean that it's not currently running from these, and i can delete them?

Any help is appreciated...

Allan
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
old rom delete storage
Previous Thread Next Thread