Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

[Q] Installing cm 7 or unlock bootloader and install cm 10?

OP thmmht

27th August 2014, 09:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Sony ericsson xperia x8 11W43 e15i firmware version: 2.1 update 1 kernel version: 2.6.29 build number: 2.1.1.C.0.0.

I want to install cm 7 or better 10 on my phone. I know cm 10 requires that the bootloader is unlocked, which it is not.
It has turned out to be a very difficult task and I have not succeeded.

Another user on this forum has made a big effort to get cm on my phone. That is why I know how to root the phone and set usb debugging and allow other software sources.

I have got this software at hand
s1tool, gingerdx v0.31, X8_E15_2.1.1.C.0.0_generic.ftf, cwm.
Furthermore I have been using recoverx from google play.
Nothing worked. Gingerdx never starts, I have tried to let the phone boot for 20 minutes several times.

I also tried the paid wotanserver dot com option in order to get the phone's bootloader unlocked. That also failed, because when I ran the wontanserver software on a windows 7 hp computer, I could not login to wotanserver and execute the bootloader unlocking. Wotanserver could not provide further instructions, and I got a refund.

I am informed about the 11w36 issue, that is why I have not tried to unlock the bootloader using s1tool. If there if new information about how to unlock the bootloader I would very much like to get it?

If you know a working 10usd paid option to unlock the bootloader, please tell me?

I have also in parts read posts about testpoints to unlock the bootloader, but no post has come to a conclusion whether it can be done?

Failing can be related to me not installing correctly or there is some error about the phone.
27th August 2014, 10:00 AM   |  #2  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag stamatis∈A, A=∅
Thanks Meter: 1,099

2,928 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thmmht

I have got this software at hand
s1tool, gingerdx v0.31, X8_E15_2.1.1.C.0.0_generic.ftf, cwm.
Furthermore I have been using recoverx from google play.
Nothing worked. Gingerdx never starts, I have tried to let the phone boot for 20 minutes several times

You need cwm. Try again and make sure you full wipe(factory reset, wipe Dalvik cache) before flashing.

Quote:

I am informed about the 11w36 issue, that is why I have not tried to unlock the bootloader using s1tool. If there if new information about how to unlock the bootloader I would very much like to get it?

There isn't anything. Just try the roms that are working with stock kernel.

Quote:

I have also in parts read posts about testpoints to unlock the bootloader, but no post has come to a conclusion whether it can be done?

No difference. Maybe what you saw wasn't for the x8, but for x10/x10 mini.
27th August 2014, 09:07 PM   |  #3  
Flag Międzyrzec Podlaski
Thanks Meter: 45

336 posts
More
unlock bootloader is better option and instal cm 7 with nAa14 kernel for better performance.
Cyanogenmod 10 have worst performance than Cyanogenmod 7.2.

If you want play games on X8.
28th August 2014, 08:25 AM   |  #4  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag stamatis∈A, A=∅

2,928 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubert123454

unlock bootloader is better option and instal cm 7 with nAa14 kernel for better performance.
Cyanogenmod 10 have worst performance than Cyanogenmod 7.2.

If you want play games on X8.

Quote:

Sony ericsson xperia x8 11W43

You are right but that not the case as he can't unlock his bootloader.
28th August 2014, 12:53 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Thank you for answering.

This is what I have done about ten times.

Set and marked usb debugging and other software sources.
Rooted the phone using s1tool.
Installed cwm using recoverx from google play, or a cwm file.
Flashing gingerdx from sd card using cwm.
Reboot.

Everytime the phone gets stuck in boot mode. Then I have to flash X8_E15_2.1.1.C.0.0_generic.ftf_FILES in order to get a working phone.

You ask me to do a factory reset after I have flashed the phone into working order again?

The part about wipe Dalvik cache I do not get. Is that something I do on android 2.1?

When I boot into cwm, which can take several tries, there is a wipe option, do you ask me to select that option before flashing ginger dx?

I get if recoverx worked like it should do, flashing the phone would be a small task.

On this forum in some posts there has been some efforts to testpoints unlock the xperia x8's bootloader. To my knowledge, they did not come to a conclusion.
28th August 2014, 01:16 PM   |  #6  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag stamatis∈A, A=∅

2,928 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thmmht

The part about wipe Dalvik cache I do not get. Is that something I do on android 2.1?

No, you will do it from cwm. I believe it is under "Advanced".

Quote:

When I boot into cwm, which can take several tries, there is a wipe option, do you ask me to select that option before flashing ginger dx?

Yes. If I remember correctly somewhere it says "Factory reset".

Quote:

Set and marked usb debugging and other software sources.
Rooted the phone using s1tool.
Installed cwm using recoverx from google play, or a cwm file.
Flashing gingerdx from sd card using cwm.
Reboot.

To the above add before flashing gingerdx:
Full wipe.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm 10, gingerdx, unlock bootloader, xperia x8
Previous Thread Next Thread