Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Replacement battery? (reboot problem solved)

OP xWhiskey

22nd July 2014, 12:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Xperios
Thanks Meter: 47

119 posts
Hello everyone,

During the last few months I've had issues where my Xperia X8 would randomly enter a repetitive reboot. After five or so reboots, the phone would stabilize and would function normally for a few days until the same thing happened again.

Lately, it started doing it more often, and especially when I was to either make a call or surf the internet for longer than a minute or two. In other words, the problem finally caught my attention as it interfered with the basic functions of a smartphone.

After restoring a six-months old back-up, removing all of the mostly unused apps, formatting the SD card, testing another SIM card and trying out the GingerDX ROM instead of FroyoPro, nothing of which did anything to solve the problem, I asked a fellow X8 user to lend me his battery for a few days as a last ditch fix which I could do on my own. Luckily, this turned out to be the culprit. Now I'm four days in without a single restart and the phone working faster than ever being all cleaned up.

A short story was made long for future reference if anyone else happened to have the same issue. I also posted in this forum instead of Accessories because this one is most active. Sorry about that

Now I'm in the need of a replacement battery, as my friend would prefer to get his battery back. No fancy stuff - a simple 1200 mAh replacement would do. Does anyone have any experience with this?

What's your opinion on these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/GENUINE-ORIG...ref=pd_cp_ce_0

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mobile-Acces...ref=pd_cp_ce_1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SUPERSTORE-E...ref=pd_cp_ce_2

The price looks fine and all that, but we all got burned at some point buying non-official merchandise. I'm pretty sure these are neither genuine nor SE batteries, but might as well do as replacements.

Any suggestions?
The Following User Says Thank You to xWhiskey For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd July 2014, 12:41 PM   |  #2  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag stamatis∈A, A=∅
Thanks Meter: 1,101

2,940 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xWhiskey

The price looks fine and all that, but we all got burned at some point buying non-official merchandise. I'm pretty sure these are neither genuine nor SE batteries, but might as well do as replacements.

This.

The price seems very low and i guess you can give it a try. In the worst case you will lose 5 or so.
I guess they will work for a while but I'm on the same opinion as what you wrote above.
The Following User Says Thank You to stamatis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th July 2014, 12:29 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Xperios
Thanks Meter: 47

119 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamatis

This.

The price seems very low and i guess you can give it a try. In the worst case you will lose 5 or so.
I guess they will work for a while but I'm on the same opinion as what you wrote above.

Exactly, and some of the reviews look completely rigged.

Anyway, by some stroke of luck I found what seemed to be the only shop in town that still had the EP500 model replacement battery in their storage, so no ordering via web-shop or other internet venues was necessary. I'm from Croatia, so it ended up costing 9, which would be the exact equivalent as if I had ordered a similar model from Amazon, taking total shipping into account.

One day in, one call, ~10 SMSs and an hour of so worth of listening to music later, about 15% of the battery was spent, but keep in mind I only use 2G and the phone puts itself on airplane mode during night time.

So, I'm satisfied The only thing I can recommend is that you absolutely try your local vendors before trying anything else, as you do get warranty in most cases and you can easily return the battery if it explodes.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
replacement battery reboot
Previous Thread Next Thread