FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

AIR_For_ZU___Simplify_System_Update_Apps_Flash_ROM ___ULTRA_SLIM

61 posts
Thanks Meter: 31

By xswxm, Member on 19th January 2015, 03:36 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
AIR is a super script based on aroma, it is including Simplify System, Update Apps, Flash ROM (About 630MB ~ 880MB) functions.
If you are interested in my project, please visit http://xswxm.com/?p=1000, and make comments for it. Thanks!

VERSION: 1.20
CODENAME: xswxm
UPDATED: 2015-01-18
DOWNLOAD: MEGA

ATTENTION

1. Applicable Scope and Disclaimer
  • AIR is only for official C6833_14.4.A.0.108_Customized_HK, C6833_14.4.A.0.118_VodaFone_UK and XL39h_14.4.A.0.108_China. Please do not try on other third party's ROM even it's based on official 108 or 118 version.
  • Although I have made some changes to support all the modules and ROMs mentioned above, while I have only tested AIR on C6833 running C6833_14.4.A.0.108_Customized_HK, I am not sure if it works on other modules or ROMs. Please be aware of that.If user using XL39H want to experience the ultra slim system, please flash official 108 ROM using the Flashtool, then simplify your system using the Simplify System function, and you will have the same experience as the Flash ROM function.
  • ROM simplified or installed by AIR is 99.9% official odexed ROM, only several files have been rebuilt because of the simplification recommended.
  • If AIR causes any issues, I will not be responsible for it.
2. Tips before Installation
  • You'd better backup your current system using RECOVERY.
  • Please uninstall the updates of the system apps of your current ROM before using Simplify System function to simplify current system.
  • If you use the the Simplify System function, it will delete some packages even you didn't select any item. Please be aware of that.
  • Google Apps recovered by AIR only include Contact Sync, Google+ and Play Store, if you want to use the full Google services, please delete all the Google Apps using the Simplify System, then flash a full Google services Package.
  • System flashed by AIR do not include SuperSU or SuperUser, but you can install or flash one.
  • Please make sure at least one IME in your ZU, otherwise the navigation bar won't work.
  • You'd better install at least one brower or file manger to install apps.
3. Common Issues
  • System flashed by AIR has ROOT and RECOVERY inside already, if not, please use the EasyRootTool ROOT your ZU and reinstall RECOVERY.
  • If there is no IME or file manger in your ZU, go to the Update Apps to flash an IME or the Root Explorer.
  • If the back button doesn't work, please go to Settings - Language & input then choose an IME and set it as default.
  • If your ZU can't connect to the internet, please go to the Settings - More - Internet settings and download the APN settings, or add APN settings manually.
  • If you got any problem for this installation, please WIPE your DATA and CACHE then install it again, or connect me for help.
Other imformation and Tips can be found when you are going to install it!

XDA:DevDB Information
AIR_FOR_ZU, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

Contributors
xswxm, xswxm
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Firmware Required: Official 118 & 108 ROM Based

Version Information

Created 2015-01-19
Last Updated 2015-01-19
Last edited by xswxm; 19th January 2015 at 03:44 PM.

19th January 2015, 05:49 PM |#2  
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,638

Donate to Me
More
Interesting looking project, I'll have a look if/when I get the time

ps I wondered why you had 9 so-so posts in the general and Q&A section
22nd January 2015, 06:42 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether

Interesting looking project, I'll have a look if/when I get the time

ps I wondered why you had 9 so-so posts in the general and Q&A section

it's my first time to set a project on xda, haha.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread