Finally, a rival to the XZU - the Huawei Mediapad X2

Search This thread

Homer J. Fong

Jan 4, 2013
The amount of extra screen content with only the 1 cm increase is actually surprising. Thanks for the pictures ...

But holding it is less of a problem if you have a protector case / screen protector around it ( they also make it better to grip ) as i noticed on my ZU.

I had a snap on hard case that was very slim. It only made things more uncomfortable for me. This is just my experience. Of course, your experience my differ from mine. In fact I hope it does, the x2 is an awesome device, just a bit to big for daily use for me.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09

Benjiro

Sep 27, 2009
anyone have the letv max yet? man that thing looks awesome

With a 810 CPU ... plenty of reports that even known brands have problems with overheating and that they are forced to "patch" ( aka install limitations on it to prevent overheating ). It may be fast but its not a typical custom Qualcomm design ( just a temporary default design because they did not have a internal 64bit solution ready in time ). And it shows ...

mingonn

Dec 9, 2009
Interesting thread, I have a Mega 6.3 which I am looking to upgrade and was thinking of the Ultra. Was hoping there was going to be a new model soon. I have an MediaPad X1 4G but the reception signal strength was so pitiful I went back to my Mega. I hope they have improved the reception in the X2....

X1 was slippery as all hell, unusable without a case and very laggy but the battery life and screen were great. Was crying when I had to go back to the 6.3 Mega.

Leechoonhwee

Apr 30, 2006
I'm now on the P8 Max and it's fantastic. Updates are frequent and camera is very decent. It comes with lots of useful utility like per app permission, optimisation like Greenify that allows you to shut down apps that's taking up memory upon screen lock, etc. All these without needing to root.

Highly recommended for a upgrade to the z ultra.!

Sent from my HUAWEI P8max using Tapatalk

shaolin95

Apr 5, 2010
Utah
I'm now on the P8 Max and it's fantastic. Updates are frequent and camera is very decent. It comes with lots of useful utility like per app permission, optimisation like Greenify that allows you to shut down apps that's taking up memory upon screen lock, etc. All these without needing to root.

Highly recommended for a upgrade to the z ultra.!

Sent from my HUAWEI P8max using Tapatalk

I was getting ready to try it but now it looks like it wont get me LTE with AT&T so guess my Ultra lives on.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A comparison in size and screen size:

viikk1.jpg

Its bigger, especially in the side. But pay close attention to the bezel... Note the ZU was scalled to the size as on my screen.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/si...iaPad-X2,Sony-Xperia-Z-Ultra/phones/9277,7883

You can calibrate it to match your phone and screen size to see the real effect.
    For me there is more to XZU than just the screen size, be it the extra sensitivity or the looks, on these grounds we should rather wait for the real successor sony is supposedly working on
    The development for Huawei are pathetic at best. I gave up on the company.

It's all because it's ''made in China'' . :D

For me it's about manageability and think my Zu is just about manageable in the hand. I am aware others see it as a bit of a freak

Lol, you just reminded me. Several days back I was ordering a Chicken Twister Meal from some fast food restaurant called SFC (Southern Fried Chicken) .

Anyway I placed my order and took a seat since it needed time to prepare. Wife calls and I answer and we start chatting...

I noticed the two Filipino women who took my order were both whispering to each other whilst looking at me and were laughing...

Needless to say I know exactly why they were laughing. They saw me speaking on such a huge phone which wasn't normal for them
    and it really made them laugh...

I didn't give a $hit and continued. Other times whilst on the phone, I've had looks/hard stares and in some cases women approach me and ask what phone I have, model and size. There have been many stares especially when taking the phone out my pocket whilst on the train. Half the cabin are staring wondering what phone you have and shocked at it's huge size.

When people do give funny looks I couldn't care less especially because of another thing I saw. On several occasions, I've even seen people talking on 8-10" tablets!!! They were not using earphones, the phone was on their ear, now that looks a lot funnier than my 6.4" Xperia Z Ultra...
    Another candidate

http://androidheadlines.com/2015/03/mwc-2015-hands-ztes-high-end-phablet-nubia-x6.html

Personally prefer how the x2 look, but 2015 is turning out to be a promising year for big phablet lover
    I have had both the Huawei Ascend Mate7 with an Octa Core Kirin 925 @1.8GHz and the Huawei MediaPad X1 with a Quad Core VR91 @1.6GHz.

The X1 was just too slow and laggy but other than that it was a great device. It looks very nice and build quality was comparable to an iPhone 5 or 6. Of course it's big but I used it as a phone and had no issues with it.

The Mate7 was too small for my taste but performance wise I had no issues. It was comparable to the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 in that regard.

The MediaPad X2 uses a Kirin 930 @2.0GHz and has Lollipop so I have no doubt it will not be a laggy device.

With regard to ROMs, if you install another launcher the Huawei software is bearable. It's not like TouchWiz. I am looking forward to getting the X2 and if it can be rooted I think I will be satisfied. Hopefully Huawei will come out with a proper European version without the Chinese stuff on it.