Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[4.4.4]so the home swipe search shortcut got butchered

OP KonW

6th July 2014, 01:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
52 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
and the uninstall, or disable button for the new Whats New app is greyed out,

so good xda fellows, is there anyway to get rid of this?

i can stand up and deal with most of the bullsht sony forced onto my phone but this swipe shortcut is almost the most used thing on my phone and if i cant get rid of it im fkin done with it, Stock android here i come

and to think of the new android L, hell knows how long till sony done it's nasty work to it and how much the feel will be left when finally updates to this phone after probably 6 or 7 months gets pushed
Last edited by KonW; 6th July 2014 at 01:57 AM.
8th July 2014, 05:52 PM   |  #2  
KalleEatingBrain's Avatar
Member
Flag Bremen
Thanks Meter: 79
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Lightbulb Get rid of it.
Hi
I had the same problem with the annoying "What's new"-Thing but it can be disabled with some simple steps. Just open an adb shell and type in "pm block com.sonymobile.advancedwidget.entrance". After rebooting the phone the google icon should be centered again. Also I think your rant about Android L and Sony is quite unjustified since you are complaining about the latest version of Android available
Have a nice day,
Kalle.
13th July 2014, 02:45 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 107
 
417 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalleEatingBrain

Hi
I had the same problem with the annoying "What's new"-Thing but it can be disabled with some simple steps. Just open an adb shell and type in "pm block com.sonymobile.advancedwidget.entrance". After rebooting the phone the google icon should be centered again. Also I think your rant about Android L and Sony is quite unjustified since you are complaining about the latest version of Android available
Have a nice day,
Kalle.

Too much work :P Just use titanium backup and freeze the app.
13th July 2014, 06:14 PM   |  #4  
iBuzman's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 651
 
1,427 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonW


and to think of the new android L, hell knows how long till sony done it's nasty work to it and how much the feel will be left when finally updates to this phone after probably 6 or 7 months gets pushed

Lol.. we got 4.4.4 within days of it being released..
You thought about setting up your gestures thru Nova or Apex?
13th July 2014, 11:14 PM   |  #5  
blueether's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,533
 
3,206 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzman

Lol.. we got 4.4.4 within days of it being released..?

we got 4.4.4 the same day may GPe devices got it, cant get much better than that
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes