Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,016 Members 51,677 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[4.4.4]so the home swipe search shortcut got butchered

Tip us?
 
KonW
Old
(Last edited by KonW; 6th July 2014 at 12:57 AM.)
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 52
Join Date: Aug 2009
Default [4.4.4]so the home swipe search shortcut got butchered

and the uninstall, or disable button for the new Whats New app is greyed out,

so good xda fellows, is there anyway to get rid of this?

i can stand up and deal with most of the bullsht sony forced onto my phone but this swipe shortcut is almost the most used thing on my phone and if i cant get rid of it im fkin done with it, Stock android here i come

and to think of the new android L, hell knows how long till sony done it's nasty work to it and how much the feel will be left when finally updates to this phone after probably 6 or 7 months gets pushed
 
KalleEatingBrain
Old
#2  
KalleEatingBrain's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 67
Posts: 43
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bremen
Lightbulb Get rid of it.

Hi
I had the same problem with the annoying "What's new"-Thing but it can be disabled with some simple steps. Just open an adb shell and type in "pm block com.sonymobile.advancedwidget.entrance". After rebooting the phone the google icon should be centered again. Also I think your rant about Android L and Sony is quite unjustified since you are complaining about the latest version of Android available
Have a nice day,
Kalle.
 
emann56
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 332
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalleEatingBrain View Post
Hi
I had the same problem with the annoying "What's new"-Thing but it can be disabled with some simple steps. Just open an adb shell and type in "pm block com.sonymobile.advancedwidget.entrance". After rebooting the phone the google icon should be centered again. Also I think your rant about Android L and Sony is quite unjustified since you are complaining about the latest version of Android available
Have a nice day,
Kalle.
Too much work :P Just use titanium backup and freeze the app.
 
iBuzman
Old
#4  
iBuzman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 450
Posts: 1,092
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonW View Post

and to think of the new android L, hell knows how long till sony done it's nasty work to it and how much the feel will be left when finally updates to this phone after probably 6 or 7 months gets pushed
Lol.. we got 4.4.4 within days of it being released..
You thought about setting up your gestures thru Nova or Apex?
 
blueether
Old
#5  
blueether's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 957
Posts: 2,354
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Te Awamutu, New Zealand

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzman View Post
Lol.. we got 4.4.4 within days of it being released..?
we got 4.4.4 the same day may GPe devices got it, cant get much better than that
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

Thankyou to all those that have donated to me over 2014.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes