Android 5.0 Lollipop will roll out to Nexus and GPe devices in the coming weeks

OP H. E. Pennypacker

15th October 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 17

54 posts
More

Article here.

Can't wait to get it on my ZU! @scrubber, start your engine! (i.e be prepared to port it, if you're up to the task)
15th October 2014, 06:14 PM   |  #2  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 154

73 posts
Donate to Me
More
I am also waiting for this update My port downloaded by 3000 people ... but not a single donation I did not get ... but I'll do a port if I can !!!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to scrubber For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th October 2014, 06:32 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

54 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubber

I am also waiting for this update My port downloaded by 3000 people ... but not a single donation I did not get ... but I'll do a port if I can !!!

Sweet! Yeah, this isn't the biggest or busiest forum section, so donations will be rare. That shouldn't stop people from doing what they love though (ROM cooking and developing)
16th October 2014, 04:49 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 614

1,703 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubber

Your donation link is in Russian and didn't want to guess my way through, tried to use my PayPal app to send to your scrubber@mail.ru and it errors out. Tried sending through PayPal website and failed to send also????
Last edited by adfurgerson; 16th October 2014 at 04:57 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to adfurgerson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2014, 06:08 AM   |  #5  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 154

73 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ok, soon fix), but the task #1 port GPE 5.0
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scrubber For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 111

182 posts
Sony confirms all Xperia Z series will get L - starting with the Ultra GPe.
16th October 2014, 09:02 PM   |  #7  
Flag Oklahoma City
Thanks Meter: 341

610 posts
The Z ultra will be the first Sony Z device to get Android L :http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/10...eries-devices/

According to Sony, the Sony Z Ultra Google Play edition is up first, which isn't a surprise. After that you can look forward to updates for the Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR, Xperia Tablet Z, Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1S, Xperia Z Ultra, Xperia Z1 Compact, Xperia Z2, Xperia Z2 Tablet, , Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3v, Xperia Z3 Compact and Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact. Awesome, right?

Sony's (non-GPE) upgrades will start in early 2015 with the Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z2 devices, and will continue on from there. I wouldn't be surprised if carrier integration held up a few OTAs, but at least Sony is committed to getting this done."
16th October 2014, 11:08 PM   |  #8  
Flag Lafayette, IN
Thanks Meter: 103

371 posts
More
It would suck for us Z Ultra users to wait for the Z3, Z2, then Z1 devices to get 5.0 when we all know that the C68xx version will be sitting on the digital shelf before the Z3 release due to the C6806_GPe already having the OS would make for less work to get it straight to the unbranded C6806 before any other Z device.
16th October 2014, 11:28 PM   |  #9  
Flag Oklahoma City
Thanks Meter: 341

610 posts
It's nice to know that both the GPe AND Xperia models will get L. Someone could possibly make a ROM off of the GPe release of L before Sony releases the rom themselves for the standard Xperia Z Ultra.
17th October 2014, 05:22 PM   |  #10  
OP Member

54 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visa Declined

It's nice to know that both the GPe AND Xperia models will get L. Someone could possibly make a ROM off of the GPe release of L before Sony releases the rom themselves for the standard Xperia Z Ultra.

Yup, that's the plan, so hopefully we'll have 5.0 on our Ultras shortly after the GPe, which will be in a couple of weeks (2-3?).

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread