Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,305 Members 44,665 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Battery pack cases, is the Mugen worth it?

Tip us?

crodgers79
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Question [Q] Battery pack cases, is the Mugen worth it?

Hi!

I got one of those 5000MaH cases off of eBay and like anything made in China I'm skeptical about the claims of actually being 5000MaH. It charges OK but it discharges quickly and oftentimes I see a message saying that the phone is drawing more power than the charger so it's actually losing power as I charge!

I saw the Mugen for $89 and while it's super-expensive, hey, if it really works as advertised I'm all for it.. Can anyone please comment on their battery usage/charger strategy (and yes, I know all of the tricks, I just want to know if you are using an external device). If there's a bteer charging/case/device I'd certain;y appreciate knowing!!

Thanks!!

Chris R.
Sony Xperia Ultra Z (8906)
Rooted
Dual Recovery
Unlocked Bootloader
Android 4.4.4
Chris R.
Rooted Sony Xperia Z Ultra
Dual Recovery
Unlocked Bootloader
[ROM] Android 4.4.4
[Carrier] T-Mobile
[Screen Protector]: iLLumiShield (highly recommended)

xd4d3v
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by crodgers79 View Post
Hi!

I got one of those 5000MaH cases off of eBay and like anything made in China I'm skeptical about the claims of actually being 5000MaH. It charges OK but it discharges quickly and oftentimes I see a message saying that the phone is drawing more power than the charger so it's actually losing power as I charge!

I saw the Mugen for $89 and while it's super-expensive, hey, if it really works as advertised I'm all for it.. Can anyone please comment on their battery usage/charger strategy (and yes, I know all of the tricks, I just want to know if you are using an external device). If there's a bteer charging/case/device I'd certain;y appreciate knowing!!

Thanks!!

Chris R.
Sony Xperia Ultra Z (8906)
Rooted
Dual Recovery
Unlocked Bootloader
Android 4.4.4
The only one that would be better than the Mugen is the CP12 from Sony. but it's even more expensive!
Mugen makes quality stuff so i'd doubt if it doesnt work as advertised