FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

CM11 Official ROM impressions

588 posts
Thanks Meter: 53
 
By vivalamoza, Senior Member on 10th July 2014, 11:49 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I don't see a thread here to discuss the CM 11 official nightlies, what people think of the ROM, so I created this.

So if you have used one of the July CM11 nightly builds please let us know:
-Any bugs on the ROM? Major, minor?
-How is the ROM stability?
-Responsiveness?
-Does the ROM auto update using cyanogenmod built in OTA updates?

Sent from my C6806_GPe using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by vivalamoza; 12th July 2014 at 02:40 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to vivalamoza For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
11th July 2014, 12:34 PM |#2  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kepler-34b
Thanks Meter: 5,684
 
More
I tried it for a short time, but couldn't really see the point when I could just keep using the GPe ROM with Xposed.

Sure, CM has other features that are great, but it doesn't seems as stable as the GPe ROM? Or maybe that was just my initial impression. There's very little info and documentation on CM for the Ultra, so we also have NO clue about potential bugs and so on, so that's annoying.
11th July 2014, 07:45 PM |#3  
vivalamoza's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag New Cairo, EG
Thanks Meter: 53
 
More
That's why I created this thread, no one has ever given any feedback on the cm11 ROM, specially the latest July releases which have now become true nightly releases which may mean that the build is now stable.

Sent from my C6806_GPe using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to vivalamoza For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2014, 09:19 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalamoza

-Any bugs on the ROM? Major, minor?

Voicemail notification not working for me. Baseband used by CM is 45-39, I think that's the .681 version, maybe that's the issue. Depending on your point of view, could be considered a major bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalamoza

-How is the ROM stability?

Been using nightlies for ages, no issues other than voicemail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalamoza

-Responsiveness?

Very nice, 32k AnTuTu score too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalamoza

-Does the ROM auto update using cyanogenmod built in OTA updates?

Yup!

I am using my ZU mainly as book reader, music for car audio via Bluetooth, browsing, occasional gaming. Even nightlies were very stable for my usage.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zs29a For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2014, 09:38 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 701
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalamoza

That's why I created this thread, no one has ever given any feedback on the cm11 ROM, specially the latest July releases which have now become true nightly releases which may mean that the build is now stable.

Sent from my C6806_GPe using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You should put Gpe in the thread title if that is the ROM you are asking for info for. There are separate builds with different source I'm sure.
The Following User Says Thank You to adfurgerson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2014, 11:02 PM |#6  
blueether's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,638
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfurgerson

You should put Gpe in the thread title if that is the ROM you are asking for info for. There are separate builds with different source I'm sure.

Same source, different binary blobs/vender files/firmware
11th July 2014, 11:58 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 701
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether

Same source, different binary blobs/vender files/firmware

Wrong choice of words, but am I correct in stating that Gpe could have bugs not present in standard Sony Cm11?
12th July 2014, 02:41 AM |#8  
vivalamoza's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag New Cairo, EG
Thanks Meter: 53
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfurgerson

Wrong choice of words, but am I correct in stating that Gpe could have bugs not present in standard Sony Cm11?

Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Sent from my C6806_GPe using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
12th July 2014, 07:01 AM |#9  
blueether's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,638
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalamoza

Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Sent from my C6806_GPe using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yes there could be bugs in one and not the other - case in point the camera not working in the GPe ROMs of 4.4.4 but was in the togari
The Following User Says Thank You to blueether For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2014, 10:15 AM |#10  
vivalamoza's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag New Cairo, EG
Thanks Meter: 53
 
More
I know theoretically there can be, I'm talking about reality, someone who has used the ROM and can report bugs.

I find it very strange that there isn't a discussion thread for either the Xperia ZU or the GPe CM11 ROM, how are people supposed to report bugs to the CM team?
Do they at least have a device specific change log ?

Sent from my C6806_GPe using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
12th July 2014, 02:53 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 701
 
More
[/LIST]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalamoza

I know theoretically there can be, I'm talking about reality, someone who has used the ROM and can report bugs.

I find it very strange that there isn't a discussion thread for either the Xperia ZU or the GPe CM11 ROM, how are people supposed to report bugs to the CM team?
Do they at least have a device specific change log ?

Sent from my C6806_GPe using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

It can't be done as far as I can tell. I opened an account to report to their jira system which was closed as invalid due to it being a nightly build. Posted in CM forum for device and didn't get a response, posted to freexperia's G+ because one of their members was listed as CM maintainer and didn't a response.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes