OP Reb0rn

18th December 2013, 05:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Alingsås
Thanks Meter: 740

1,777 posts
Donate to Me
More
Well today i found out after getting tired of this trying to root 4.3 i decided to use a custom rom again.

Guess what happend...

No custom rom works anymore as imei magically dissapears. It only returns if you ... guess what...

Use Sony 4.3.

Well thank you very much Sony assholes for updating s1boot and making it irreversibel.

Luckily it seem that it might be able to get fixed with new proprietary blobs but that will maybe take some time for some dev's to add on their builds.
18th December 2013, 05:50 PM   |  #2  
Flag Acapulco De Juarez, Gro.
Thanks Meter: 10

40 posts
More
Smile Downgrade Via Flashtool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reb0rn

Well today i found out after getting tired of this trying to root 4.3 i decided to use a custom rom again.

Guess what happend...

No custom rom works anymore as imei magically dissapears. It only returns if you ... guess what...

Use Sony 4.3.

Well thank you very much Sony assholes for updating s1boot and making it irreversibel.

Luckily it seem that it might be able to get fixed with new proprietary blobs but that will maybe take some time for some dev's to add on their builds.

Are you trying to downgrade with Flashtool?, cause in Xperia Z1 is the same, the IMEI goes to 00000 but when you downgrade to 4.2.2 exclude the baseband and everything is ok and then you can flash your custom rom.......
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cgomezparra For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th December 2013, 06:02 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Alingsås
Thanks Meter: 740

1,777 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgomezparra

Are you trying to downgrade with Flashtool?, cause in Xperia Z1 is the same, the IMEI goes to 00000 but when you downgrade to 4.2.2 exclude the baseband and everything is ok and then you can flash your custom rom.......

i could kiss yo dawg

Thanks!!!
18th December 2013, 06:04 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3

31 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgomezparra

Oh god thanks
18th December 2013, 06:11 PM   |  #5  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 71

317 posts
i had this experience: i have the 6802, and i was on the stock 4.3 update, flashed the adv. stock kernel to get recovery, and restored a CM10.2 nandroid. when it booted up i had no radio signal, so i restored everything from a .257 FTF except system and kernel, and after that everything was fine. i don't know if this was 'correct', but it worked. i didn't check to see if i lost IMEI, but i definitely have it after doing those steps.
18th December 2013, 06:36 PM   |  #6  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 1,844

2,556 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reb0rn

i could kiss yo dawg

Thanks!!!

you might mark the OP as SOLVED and list the solution
The Following User Says Thank You to hansip87 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th December 2013, 06:38 PM   |  #7  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 26

168 posts
More
I simply did a nandroid restore with the CWM recovery from the CM 10.2 boot.img - all up and running, IMEI still there.
18th December 2013, 11:29 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 195

382 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmemma16

i had this experience: i have the 6802, and i was on the stock 4.3 update, flashed the adv. stock kernel to get recovery, and restored a CM10.2 nandroid. when it booted up i had no radio signal, so i restored everything from a .257 FTF except system and kernel, and after that everything was fine. i don't know if this was 'correct', but it worked. i didn't check to see if i lost IMEI, but i definitely have it after doing those steps.

Yes, flashing .257 FTF fixed it for me too (C6802). I flashed everything.
Last edited by ChillyChan; 19th December 2013 at 03:04 AM.
18th December 2013, 11:32 PM   |  #9  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 71

317 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillyChan

Yes, flashing .257 FTF fixed it for me too (C8602). I flashed everything.

ah hey, cool. yeah, i would'a flashed everything but i wanted to stay on CM10.2. so i just made sure the other firmware was downgraded.

but again, it seems possible that there cold be other differences between the 6802 and the others? i dunno, but some people seem to be saying to use the baseband from .290 even if you downgrade back to .257?
18th December 2013, 11:41 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 195

382 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmemma16

ah hey, cool. yeah, i would'a flashed everything but i wanted to stay on CM10.2. so i just made sure the other firmware was downgraded.

but again, it seems possible that there cold be other differences between the 6802 and the others? i dunno, but some people seem to be saying to use the baseband from .290 even if you downgrade back to .257?

In my case, I wanted to go back to stock. That's why I flashed everything About the baseband, I don't know cause I didn't note down the version before I flashed .290 so I have nothing to compare to. The one major difference of C6802 from other models is that we can flash ROMs without needing fastboot 'cause kernels are somehow allowed to be flashed from recovery.
Last edited by ChillyChan; 19th December 2013 at 03:04 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread