Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,200 Members 40,941 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

transfering movies and playing them on my phone,

Tip us?

sut1576
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default transfering movies and playing them on my phone,

hi guys

i am looking for some help please. i have the xperia z ultra and i am about to take a long distance flight,
i want to know can i download films from the net and transfer them to my phone so they can be played?

if this is possible can you tell me how to do it as everytime i have transferred something to my phone before i have never been able to find it after so never sure if it was going to the phone or not in the first place,

thank you for any help
sut.

zaxharu
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by sut1576 View Post
hi guys

i am looking for some help please. i have the xperia z ultra and i am about to take a long distance flight,
i want to know can i download films from the net and transfer them to my phone so they can be played?

if this is possible can you tell me how to do it as everytime i have transferred something to my phone before i have never been able to find it after so never sure if it was going to the phone or not in the first place,

thank you for any help
sut.
Yes,you can do that. Actually i do that everytime. I can say i use zu1 mainly for wtching movies.

You must have a good movie player installed. The default movieplayer is good but i prefer mxplayer. If you have transfered succesfully the movie in your phone,mxplayer can easily catch it whenever you put it.

sut1576
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
can i ask what zu1 is please?

SpyderTracks
Old
Thanks Meter 579
Get a microsd card and create a folder "movies", copy your movie files into there, then install a decent movie player like dice or bsplayer and open the file. The stock movie app only support a few filetypes.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6833
Stock .257 Unrooted

Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000, iPhone 3GS, HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Universal, Sony Ericsson P990i, boat load of nokia's for a long time.

I love this site!!! Thanks to all

LordManhattan
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 5648
I feel like OP (Original Poster. That's you Sut1576) is fairly fresh towards stuff like this, so something tells me he'll need an even simpler explanation.

- Yes, you can download movies from the internet, but that's also illigal and not allowed to discuss on XDA, so you'll have to find another place to ask about this.
- You can also rip (copy) your own movies to your computer and transfer them to your Ultra (legal as long as it's for personal use).
- The Ultra will natively play back the most common formats (.mp4, .mkv, .avi), and the stock player is very good, but if a movie won't play, then do as Zaxharu and SpyderTracks have said and install a third party video player from the Play Store (I personally prefer MX Player)

So just plug your Ultra to your computer, make a new folder called "Movies" or something and drag-and-drop the files into the folder, and that's it.