FORUMS

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Very disappointed in Z ultra will try to return back to Sony

6th December 2014, 01:40 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Made the horrible mistake of getting a Z ultra and failed to realize what a horrible nightmare it is to root the device in linux and am just giving up. Feel totally ripped off. Thought I could save money over the Nexus 6 since the screen is bigger and the phone much cheaper but this really the last non nexus phone I'll buy. The clue should have been Sony patching their devices to prevent root, Never again.

6th December 2014, 01:42 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdivx

Made the horrible mistake of getting a Z ultra and failed to realize what a horrible nightmare it is to root the device in linux and am just giving up. Feel totally ripped off. Thought I could save money over the Nexus 6 since the screen is bigger and the phone much cheaper but this really the last non nexus phone I'll buy. The clue should have been Sony patching their devices to prevent root, Never again.

I got mine rooted fairly easy.. Not that much work.
The Following User Says Thank You to theinspector For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th December 2014, 02:00 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60

More
This phone was purchased last month. Maybe it was easy for you but try a Nexus next time, no contest. Yes if it was as easy as towelroot made it then yes. With current firmware not a chance.
6th December 2014, 02:46 AM |#4  
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,634

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

This phone was purchased last month. Maybe it was easy for you but try a Nexus next time, no contest. Yes if it was as easy as towelroot made it then yes. With current firmware not a chance.

Stop bitching and unlock the bootloader if you really want root and cant/wont run windows. This is the way Sony wants you to gain root any way.

Wont [NUT]'s tools work? cant you extract easy root and read the batch files? 4.4.4 is probably the easiest firmware we have had to run a root exploit on for a very long time.

EDIT FFS man http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2784900 "The tool should work on Windows, Linux and Mac. "
Last edited by blueether; 6th December 2014 at 02:48 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blueether For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th December 2014, 08:04 AM |#5  
Flag I live on a Stone Hill.
Thanks Meter: 1,434

More
Quote:

lol i have a nexus 5 and rooting the ultra isn't really harder.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommy-Geenexus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th December 2014, 09:54 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
I'm sorry but judging the device based on rooting process isn't good enough. Had been using it i must say this device worth every penny from me. Of course nexus is nexus but z ultra has it's pros points.

I had no problem with root even i could not install the drivers in my ubuntu box but virtualbox winxp solved the problem.
Last edited by wtfhax; 6th December 2014 at 09:56 AM.
6th December 2014, 10:54 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:

Why a rip off? if it is so difficult, you could've just unlock bootloader. From then on you can root however you want easily. Even without unlocking BL, it's fairly easy to root. "Don't blame the pen if you yourself can't write well". Just sayin'
The Following User Says Thank You to MXR2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th December 2014, 11:27 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
It's fairly simple. If you think the phones a rip off because your not capable of rooting it., then i don't know what too tell you. You should have done a lot more research, its simple to root it, even if you use linux.
6th December 2014, 03:29 PM |#9  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 325

More
Quote:

Very unfortunate. I rooted my C6833 within the hour and the C6802 last year through vRoot. Instead of complaining about the device, go and get FlashTool, download and flash a Towelroot capable ROM, after that, go ahead and go custom ROM.
6th December 2014, 04:07 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
It is insanely easy to root on Linux. I use all the *nix commands from the Android SDK on my Mac instead of OS X Apps like Flashtool and it works a treat. Within an hour of buying my 2nd XZU two days ago it was rooted and running Lollipop. I simply don't understand your post...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread