FORUMS

[Rumors] finally some "real" rumors about the Z5 Ultra

250 posts
Thanks Meter: 62

By herogjan, Senior Member on 15th September 2015, 04:15 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
As the title mentions rumors about the succesor for our ultra. I'm really anticipating on a succesor, i use my ultra now for 2 years. At this moment there is for me still no proper replacement on the market. If the rumors are true, i've found mine replacement

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/83...march-2016.htm

Didn't read anything yet about a flash, but i can't imagine that they make such a monumental mistake again.

15th September 2015, 05:15 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
i can wait all day till they release Z5 ultra

I also have had this phone for 2 years now, and before that I use to upgrade my phones every 6-9months.. now I can't get over this phone :P
16th September 2015, 04:04 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Article's description is too good to be true... The specs are awesome... Lets pray they release the real successor for our device!

Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra
16th September 2015, 09:17 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Rumour like this have been spread all over the years since the Ultra came out. Most of em are click baits for more traffic to their websites or some people's imagination to 'satisfy' themselves since it is likely that the Ultra is Sony's first and last attempt of making a true phablet.

I personally think we won't see another 6.4 inch until the stylus game is making a comeback.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
16th September 2015, 10:29 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by corrado85

i can wait all day till they release Z5 ultra

I also have had this phone for 2 years now, and before that I use to upgrade my phones every 6-9months.. now I can't get over this phone

That's EXACTLY what I'm experiencing.
Galaxy S6, Note 5, Nexus 6, LG G4, Z5, HTC ONE, all fantastic performers, but....... Not a single one could convince me to leave the Ultra.
I've actually been tempted to buy another one just in case...

I desperately hope that Sony will not leave us hanging longer, 2.5 years are enough.

And as I said before, the Ultra was presented as a TOP performer, first with SD800, and reviewed by all as a beast, as a nerd wet dream, regardless of the flaws (big, awful camera, no flash etc).
They couldn't present it now with the SD810, it wasn't "one of a kind".
I just hope they're waiting the new processor and MWC to unveil the next gen of this beast.

I'm currently rocking a GPe based rom (Hybrid by Uncle Lucifer), and NOTHING is smoother.
Just imagine what could possibly be with SD820 and 4GB ram...

I personally don't care about the camera. If it's there, good, if it's a 13mpx, well that's enough for me.
I want a powerful device with a superb screen, and if they can make it smaller with the same 6.44 screen, good, if they can't and it's thicker with more battery, good, if they can't do that either and make it exactly the same phone with upgraded internals, I'm good with that too.

16th September 2015, 12:36 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Uitgeest
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastest83

That's EXACTLY what I'm experiencing.
Galaxy S6, Note 5, Nexus 6, LG G4, Z5, HTC ONE, all fantastic performers, but....... Not a single one could convince me to leave the Ultra.
I've actually been tempted to buy another one just in case...

You just described my thought process I've read all the reviews, and always come to the same conclusion. All the devices feel as i have to make to many compromises. And also i was thinking to buy a second one in case of something worse happened with the one i'm using.
The Following User Says Thank You to herogjan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th September 2015, 04:12 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by herogjan

You just described my thought process I've read all the reviews, and always come to the same conclusion. All the devices feel as i have to make to many compromises. And also i was thinking to buy a second one in case of something worse happened with the one i'm using.

I remember everybody going on laughing at how big of a phone it is, I can't even begin to describe the mockery at work once I got it; then everybody tried it, and their freaking mouths went shut, and then open wide at how beautiful of a device it is.

It's big, yeah we get it, but it's slim, elegant, it makes you go "wow" once you play with it and also go "meh" every time you try something else.
I get that people want 5.5 screens, no bezels, something you can use with one hand, cameras that can spot an hair on a fly at 5 meters away, but those guys are not me.
SD820 might be the way for Sony to show once again they can pull off a trick with a device so powerful and so beautiful that you can't even begin to think to go somewhere else.
No matter what other OEMs have to offer.
No matter what other people say.
They should have a survey on Ultra owners, I bet that 90% of us would never change OEM if Sony guarantees a new Ultra every 2 years.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)