Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Sony Xperia Z4 & Z4 Ultra Will Be Announced Jan 5th 2015...

OP kanej2006

25th November 2014, 08:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 115
 
778 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
Link: http://www.phonearena.com/news/Alleg...-Ultra_id63165

Highlights to look forward to:

Quad HD Triluminos display
4 GB of RAM
Running Android 5.0 Lollipop and its 64-bit kernel
A new camera sensor and two more lens elements for collecting more light. Dual LED flash expected.
3420 mAh battery

Bad points:

Z4 Ultra expected to feature a 5.9" screen, not a 6.4'' panel
Lower 16Mp Camera for Z4 Ultra. Z4 Expected to have 20.7Mp.
Source indicate the Z4 & Z4 Ultra will be equipped with an 805 generation
25th November 2014, 08:54 AM   |  #2  
maxld's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Łódź
Thanks Meter: 222
 
1,181 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanej2006

Link: http://www.phonearena.com/news/Alleg...-Ultra_id63165

Highlights to look forward to:

Quad HD Triluminos display
4 GB of RAM
Running Android 5.0 Lollipop and its 64-bit kernel
A new camera sensor and two more lens elements for collecting more light. Dual LED flash expected.
3420 mAh battery

Bad points:

Z4 Ultra expected to feature a 5.9" screen, not a 6.4'' panel
Lower 16Mp Camera for Z4 Ultra. Z4 Expected to have 20.7Mp.
Source indicate the Z4 & Z4 Ultra will be equipped with an 805 generation

Oh, smaller? Then meh...
25th November 2014, 08:58 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 115
 
778 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxld

Oh, smaller? Then meh...

Yeah, when I read it'll be smaller I was put off.

I don't mind if it was decreased to 6.2 or 6.1 but under 6.
25th November 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #4  
blueether's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,519
 
3,185 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanej2006

Yeah, when I read it'll be smaller I was put off.

I don't mind if it was decreased to 6.2 or 6.1 but under 6.

5.4 and 5.9 no point then. needs to be 6.25 to 6.5. Should be getting eaiser to make the beziles smaller to decrease the overall size
26th November 2014, 03:13 AM   |  #5  
E90 Commie's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 240
 
861 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
More
5.9 inch and Snapdragon 805? Completely uninteresting. It will be to use the Ultra and then hope that there will be a Z5 Ultra or a Z4 Tablet Compact with 810, otherwise time to switch brands. Coolpad has a 7 incher that is promising - not in the current version, though but they got the screen right (1080p).

6.5-7 inch is what I want for sure but in case of "emergency" (i.e. lack of suitable devices), a Z4 Tablet Compact could do the trick next year.
26th November 2014, 05:31 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 115
 
778 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether

needs to be 6.25 to 6.5. Should be getting eaiser to make the beziles smaller to decrease the overall size

Agreed. There are plenty of manufacturers producing large devices having super thin bezels.

Sony need to catch up and start making nicer slimmer bezels...

They could easily produce a 6.2-6.5'' phone having a nice thin bezel whilst being physically smaller than our current Z Ultras, nothing wrong with that...
26th November 2014, 01:58 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
148 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
should be same screen size + much smaller bezels
I dont care too much about camera - its a 'note' device
If you want good photos, you should buy a real camera - we all know that sony cameras are crap on own sony devices
26th November 2014, 02:05 PM   |  #8  
Tommy-Geenexus's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Stone Hill
Thanks Meter: 914
 
1,905 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
S805 isn't worth the upgrade.
It's speed gains are neglible.

I'll happily stick with the ZU for a long time.
26th November 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Flag corpus christi
Thanks Meter: 52
 
419 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2006
More
5.9? Yeah I will go back to the nexus line with the Nexus 6.
26th November 2014, 09:00 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 651
 
1,804 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
If this phone was actually a phone I would buy it!
http://www.intrinsyc.com/products/qu...processor.aspx

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adfurgerson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes