FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

"Water resistant" no more...

20th December 2014, 01:40 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I can't take it anymore... I use the usb port too much so I ripped off the cover... Besides, the rubber ring is already coming off the flap as expected... Magnetic charging sucks and even then i use the usb to transfer... Can't do that with the magnet charging connection...

20th December 2014, 01:47 AM |#2  
Moderator Committee Lead / Member Advocate Admin - Spirit of XDA
Flag At The Good End Of My Hammer, Likes: My Family & XDA, Dislikes: Incompetence
Thanks Meter: 6,010

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipfreak

I can't take it anymore... I use the usb port too much so I ripped off the cover... Besides, the rubber ring is already coming off the flap as expected... Magnetic charging sucks and even then i use the usb to transfer... Can't do that with the magnet charging connection...

Mine literally jumped off the flap one day... No real reason... Been avoiding water ever since

There are two rules in life for being successful:

1. Never reveal everything you know;
The Following User Says Thank You to egzthunder1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th December 2014, 02:08 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by egzthunder1

Mine literally jumped off the flap one day... No real reason... Been avoiding water ever since

The more I used it the more it pulled the rubber away from the flap making it harder to close. I knew this would happen and why waterproofing is a nice ide, but not ideal at least in this execution... I've never had to worry about water getting to my devices because I'm that careful with them so It's not really an issue for me. #knockonwood
Last edited by vipfreak; 20th December 2014 at 02:12 AM.
20th December 2014, 02:54 AM |#4  
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,632

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipfreak

The more I used it the more it pulled the rubber away from the flap making it harder to close. I knew this would happen and why waterproofing is a nice ide, but not ideal at least in this execution... I've never had to worry about water getting to my devices because I'm that careful with them so It's not really an issue for me. #knockonwood

You can buy new flaps for the ZU
The Following User Says Thank You to blueether For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th December 2014, 02:57 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.
20th December 2014, 03:32 AM |#6  
Flag At The Good End Of My Hammer, Likes: My Family & XDA, Dislikes: Incompetence

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether

You can buy new flaps for the ZU

Have you seen instructions to install them?

20th December 2014, 06:36 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I lost my ZU's USB rubber seal after 6 months. Got it replaced under warranty.

Now I charge my phone just once a day and transfer files over Wi-Fi (or just before/after I charge my phone) to avoid opening/closing the USB port a lot.

I also keep the rubber seal area clean with nano cleaner. Its been 6 months since I got replacement and the seal looks fine. You have to take care of it. I have never clicked any underwater photos thou. But its easier to clean the phone directly under the tap.
20th December 2014, 07:30 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Go eBay and get a magnetic cable.
20th December 2014, 07:49 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipainter

This is a good option and if you think you need to use the USB cable to transfer stuff and it is the only way, you could use one of the many transfer and sync programs that use WiFi to send files (es file explorer does a fine job and even wireless adb would do the trick).

21st December 2014, 10:14 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipainter

Second this. I wouldn't need to use microUSB unless I need to ADB
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread