Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,957 Members 53,556 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Z3X - Z Ultra successor shows up.

Tip us?

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 1,167

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95 View Post
Well the camera is Poor..manual or not. ... Then again, I dont care for a phone camera anyway, just give me a flash to use as Torch and I will be happy
poor yes, as poor as some of the reviews - no

If I'm out and about where I'll need a camera I'll take my waterproof Nikon or the (now both getting very old) Nikon D40x or D50 so seldom have used the camera, but I want a god damn torch.

If they went to the 2/3 rds curved sensor it would br interesting
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

Thankyou to all those that have donated to me over 2014.

shaolin95
Old
Thanks Meter 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether View Post
poor yes, as poor as some of the reviews - no

If I'm out and about where I'll need a camera I'll take my waterproof Nikon or the (now both getting very old) Nikon D40x or D50 so seldom have used the camera, but I want a god damn torch.

If they went to the 2/3 rds curved sensor it would br interesting
Agreed and yes...I loved having the torch option on my Home button for my Note 2 before
Yes indeed, those 2/3rd curves sensors sound promising for sure!

Gayest quote ever from MST3K!
"You know Captain, every year of my life, I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful...if you just take the time to look at it.".

My Galaxy Note Games & Apps previews YOUTUBE channel

Torguy
Old
Thanks Meter 1
WAIT, so does the Z3 Compact have to have Bluetooth headsets in order to use it as a phone, or does it have a mic and speaker like a regular phone you can bring to your face and talk?

gkm8123
Old
Thanks Meter 27
There is a solution for the flash, that call iblitz!!! You can used for every smartphone

Pirate_Freder
Old
Thanks Meter 1
A friend of mine said he recently saw an ad on his PS4 for a new Ultra. I mentioned the Z3X and he said it was specifically an Ultra. Has anyone here seen this?

thekingisnaked
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate_Freder View Post
A friend of mine said he recently saw an ad on his PS4 for a new Ultra. I mentioned the Z3X and he said it was specifically an Ultra. Has anyone here seen this?
Is he sure about it? If its right, looking forward to the new z ultra.

Pirate_Freder
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekingisnaked View Post
Is he sure about it? If its right, looking forward to the new z ultra.
Yep, I asked him if it was actually the z3x or the t2 ultra and he said it was specifically about the next ultra. Can't guarantee anything but its good to hear on top of phone store management saying its coming. Frankly this whole z3x smaller screen thing doesn't appeal to me because I'm on a 7" phone right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pirate_Freder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

speculatrix
Old
(Last edited by speculatrix; 15th September 2014 at 08:55 AM.)
Thanks Meter 49

DONATE TO ME
I am not sure whether I'd need to upgrade to a Z Ultra 2, though I probably would anyway as mine is the HSPA model without LTE.

The only time my XZU lags is when some badly behaved website causes the browser to eat all the RAM, or a badly behaved app, and these would probably kill any device.

The XZU1 is right at the limit of pocketability for me, which makes it perfect.When I had a note 2 I loved the pen but felt i could handle bigger, but a tablet would be too much. Once you've gone two handed you want the biggest?

I had the use of an LG G Pad 8.3 for a week do I know I'd definitely find the Z3 compact too big to carry all time, though I wouldn't mind wearing an SBH80 all the time, something I've considered as an upgrade path.

With prices of the XZU at rock bottom, and no concrete evidence of an upgrade, I am tempted to buy a spare! Or rather, get the LTE variant and put this aside as a spare.
Newest to oldest...
Android phones: Xperia Z Ultra, Galaxy Note 2 N7105, HTC Doubleshot, HTC Vision.
Previous phones: Nokia E71, E65, 6310i, 2110.
Previous PDAs: Sharp Zaurus C3100, Zaurus 6000L, Zaurus C860, Palm T3, Sony Clie N770, Handspring Visor.
Mobile operator: Three (latest), Vodafone, Three, O2, Orange (oldest).

/___ if I helped you, please click thanks to encourage me

thekingisnaked
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate_Freder View Post
Yep, I asked him if it was actually the z3x or the t2 ultra and he said it was specifically about the next ultra. Can't guarantee anything but its good to hear on top of phone store management saying its coming. Frankly this whole z3x smaller screen thing doesn't appeal to me because I'm on a 7" phone right now.
Sir, you made my day. Thank you.

Adiyel
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Honestly, the talk of the curved sensor is what brought me here. I'm hoping the Z4 line will all have smaller, improved versions. As for the Z Ultra arguments, i don't think my opinion matters as i have a ZR and i am in love with what i see in the Z3C

On the other hand, the OnePlus (that i gave to my fiance), felt really good even at 5.5" I got used to it REALLY fast, but when i gave it up, i got just used to the 4.55" ZR even faster! So yeah guys, get what you like. And believe it, Sony will produce a new gen Ultra for you all sometime soon.