Thanks Meter: 103

By zurkx, Senior Member on 17th August 2014, 12:19 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
18th May 2015, 01:04 AM |#181  
Thanks Meter: 513

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frothe3

I hate non removable batteries as well. My friend yelled at me because I didn't call her back, while the phone went dead from a full overnight charge . Why should I ALWAYS have to carry a charger with me wherever I go??!!
Otherwise, I DO like the size, cannot live Without a big screen after this .

Sent from my C6806 using XDA Free mobile app

Unfortunately this is the reality that we are going towards as more manufacturers are trying to slim down their phones. THat is also something that we all want - thinner and lighter phones.
On the other side with more new technology like the intel fast charging , charging a device takes a less than an hour and may be faster in future. Hopefully the chargers become standard soon for all the devices and smaller.
With USB - c looks like this is going to happen soon.

18th May 2015, 05:49 AM |#182  
Thanks Meter: 138

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aalupatti

Unfortunately this is the reality that we are going towards as more manufacturers are trying to slim down their phones. THat is also something that we all want - thinner and lighter phones.
On the other side with more new technology like the intel fast charging , charging a device takes a less than an hour and may be faster in future. Hopefully the chargers become standard soon for all the devices and smaller.
With USB - c looks like this is going to happen soon.

Wireless charging is already possible so this won't be an issue next time because everywhere you go, the phone is being charged 😂

Sent from my C6806_GPe using Tapatalk
18th May 2015, 02:55 PM |#183  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin132014

Why don't you get a power bank instead...

Its the same like having a battery case. Its the inconvenience combined with less actual power. If you carry around a power bank, you need:

phone/tablet
USB cable
Powerbank

Your bulk increases a lot. Then you also need to be sure that your power bank is actually charged! Not very convenient to charge on the road always ( your phone/tablet is not always in a position that you can easily charge. Walking down the street ... ). All that means you need bulky clothing to hold the extra's.

I have a nice stylus pen for my ZU ... i do not take it because its not convenient ( especially in the summer when you do not have a jacket on ). You forget it a few times and those few times become a lot of times and ... you just do not bother anymore.

-----------------

The solution is very simple: Have a bigger battery in your phone from the start. It does not add a lot of bulk ( some smartphones/tablets even have wasted space! ). But yea ... then you run into the same problem with everybody making bigger and bigger phones but very tight batteries.
18th May 2015, 07:51 PM |#184  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Carry MORE stuff with me??!! I carry all my chargers, accessories, etc. And why should I have to carry SOMETHING ELSE??!!
With my L, all I have to do is switch the dead battery 🔋 with one that is fully charged.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

Slim doesn't make it more functional. Sealed battery 🔋 is what the iPhone (Crackphone) has. We all dislike everything Crapple, why should we put up with a sealed battery 🔋 ? I still believe that it can be at least water 💦 resistant while still be able to remove the battery 🔋 .
19th May 2015, 12:52 AM |#185  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjiro

Its the same like having a battery case. Its the inconvenience combined with less actual power. If you carry around a power bank, you need:

phone/tablet
USB cable
Powerbank

Your bulk increases a lot. Then you also need to be sure that your power bank is actually charged! Not very convenient to charge on the road always ( your phone/tablet is not always in a position that you can easily charge. Walking down the street ... ). All that means you need bulky clothing to hold the extra's.

I have a nice stylus pen for my ZU ... i do not take it because its not convenient ( especially in the summer when you do not have a jacket on ). You forget it a few times and those few times become a lot of times and ... you just do not bother anymore.

-----------------

The solution is very simple: Have a bigger battery in your phone from the start. It does not add a lot of bulk ( some smartphones/tablets even have wasted space! ). But yea ... then you run into the same problem with everybody making bigger and bigger phones but very tight batteries.

Well it depends on where and when you use it...every night i always change my phone and pb to full...if your on a travel, or got a car, you can put it aside just used when in need...no need to carry it with you all the time, just put somewhere near...for me, i always carry a belt pouch to carry my power bank...
Power bank like 10000mah can charged 2 or 3 times to full...so if you use it once or twice, you still have time to charge your pb...and it charge ypur phone quite fast...
Well its me, and in my country, we always think pb is better then extra battery...cause battery even bigger it is, tend to drain a lot and fast...a pb is like a wall charger. You put it on, and can stay a more longer then an extra battery...
Maybe its a little inconvenient for some cause how big and heavy it is...but for me, i don't mind...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread