Bluetooth issue CM/AOSP based roms?

OP SÜPERUSER

24th August 2014, 08:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 109

523 posts
More
Posted the same here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=334

I have recently been having issues with all new cm based roms that my bluetooth skips and kind of loose signal ...not disconnecting but when I make a call and listen in the other phone that I'm calling with to my device and speak in to the mic some words get muffled?

example: if I say 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 testing testing I can only hear 1 2 - - 5 6 - - - 10 te--ing test--

The sound just disappears from time to time like like a lag or skip from time to time

The headset tested is Plantronics Voyager Legend and Sony Ericsson MW600. The issue started the other people complained that someone of us had bad reception and the audio skipped but neither did and had full bars when looking at the notification bar.
Tested the same headsets on Xperia U and HTC One X and the sound is normal. It affects only the Z ultra C6833.
Last edited by SÜPERUSER; 24th August 2014 at 08:47 AM.
25th August 2014, 03:56 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 32

298 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SÜPERUSER

Posted the same here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=334

I have recently been having issues with all new cm based roms that my bluetooth skips and kind of loose signal ...not disconnecting but when I make a call and listen in the other phone that I'm calling with to my device and speak in to the mic some words get muffled?

example: if I say 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 testing testing I can only hear 1 2 - - 5 6 - - - 10 te--ing test--

The sound just disappears from time to time like like a lag or skip from time to time

The headset tested is Plantronics Voyager Legend and Sony Ericsson MW600. The issue started the other people complained that someone of us had bad reception and the audio skipped but neither did and had full bars when looking at the notification bar.
Tested the same headsets on Xperia U and HTC One X and the sound is normal. It affects only the Z ultra C6833.

i seem to be experiencing the same issue with the rom i'm using (CandyRom), paired with my car's bluetooth speaker. Have not experienced this on my headset though
25th August 2014, 02:28 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 109

523 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy.chan

i seem to be experiencing the same issue with the rom i'm using (CandyRom), paired with my car's bluetooth speaker. Have not experienced this on my headset though

mmm I was on the latest candyrom when this started.. switched over to naked CM11 and the issue remained. Flashed stock rom .108 nordic and the issue disappeared but I hate stock rom . Flashed the GPE port but my device became slow and when using the 3.5mm plug I always had loud white noise in the background that was disturbing me!.. so I went back to stock .108 and now I'm probably just gonna flash the latest CM11 nightly and stop use bluetooth for a while until this is solved..

Because with stock rom I can't use long press Vol up or Vol down to skip song on Spotify or PlayerPro without the volume being changed on step at the time! If I skip songs like five times I've pretty soon reached max volume and have to lower the volume again ... like wtf?? Both commands executes at the same time ..gaah!

Sometimes I just want to keep things simple but no I am a flashoholic. I need to modify my device to feel satisfied ahahah
Last edited by SÜPERUSER; 25th August 2014 at 02:31 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread