Watch This Now!

[Q] converting to GPe

131 posts
Thanks Meter: 11
By qdochemistry, Senior Member on 26th July 2014, 02:21 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Greetings ZU owners,

I had a Nexus 4 that I dearly loved but I accidentally broke the phone and had to find a replacement. I looked around and landed on a ZU - the screen size is great for me as I do a lot of reading on my phone. Though, I highly prefer (personal preference) vanilla kitkat over Sony interface. I looked for a Gpe version but couldn't find one (there were a few on ebay but with ridiculous asking price). I was using 4.4.4 on my nexus and I do like it.

My questions: is there any ported rom from Gpe available that you have used and recommend? Also, anyway to convert this to a Gpe? If there is would I be able to receive Ota update from Google? I just had this phone for about a week - please kindly point me in the right direction.

Thanks and any feedback is appreciated!!
26th July 2014, 02:28 AM |#2  
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,639
Donate to Me
Yes there is the GPe port, no it wont make it a true gpe
26th July 2014, 03:04 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 704
It only took about a day or so for the last two updates to be ported from Gpe to standard Sony phones.
28th July 2014, 06:00 AM |#4  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 9
Ultra GPE is $349 brand new at Expansys.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flaco05 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th July 2014, 03:47 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
Originally Posted by Flaco05

Ultra GPE is $349 brand new at Expansys.

Thanks! I was trying to flash gpe rom but running into too much trouble just to get back a stock rom up and running - I just ordered a gpe and thanks for pointing this out!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread