Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,000 Members 49,149 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cracking unlock bootloader allowed : no to Yes.?

Tip us?

waqaskool
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Prompt [Q] Cracking unlock bootloader allowed : no to Yes.?

Hey,
I have recently bought an Xperia Z ultra, and when i was about to CM11 it, i found out that the boot loader unlock allowed is NO.
Now where is live, i brought the phone through and import shop. so the procedure to obtain a operator key and send to Sony is impossible.

I can access my fastboot, i have even rooted my phone, but i really want custom roms and kernels to be an option.
I know that the usual answer to this is that its impossible. But i would appreciate if we discuss it to progress on this as i have seen too many people with this issue and i think it needs a solution. I would request the admin/moderators to keep this thread alive.

Now does anyone know why is it impossible ? is it hardware or software ?
any directions or people that i can personally request to work on this ? any leads ? i am really desperate, i really cant afford to spend that much on a phone again.

is the Xposed Framework any possible solution for this ?

any ideas information is helpful......

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 1,151

DONATE TO ME
There is no solution, or one being worked on that I know of. In one thread it has been asked and a very good hardware hacker said that even taking the back off and putting a Xperia into it's maintenance mode you cant unlock a BL for these locked devices.

Have a read of the hard brick thread for the details
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

Thankyou to all those that have donated to me over 2014.

waqaskool
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Angry there seems to be a way, just a thought.

Upon on reseaerch, i am finding out a Linux command called kexec seems to be favour here. Since it can bypass kernel and force a custom one...
Work in progress for z1 here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2462799

Just leaving this link for other users like me, who might be searching... And also requesting to post replies here to see how much demand we have for this issue..

waqaskool
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up sp has something going on too

Xperia sp seems to have been worked upon in this matter recently http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2377972&page=7

waqaskool
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Angry kexec for ultra

Kexec for the ultra itself
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2615708&page=4

Are there any developers I can call out/plead to regarding this matter?? its really frustrating to have this much of a powerful device and not play with it. I miss CM.