Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,503 Members 36,709 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

gravity box issues

Tip us?
 
patp
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 528
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default gravity box issues

One week with ZU and loving it. The stock Rom is fine for me but I want to use gravity box for my favorite tweaks. Mostly it works fine but does anyone know how to fix the following?

1. Quick settings seems immune to any tweaks at all. I really want the smart pull down.

2. Battery mods don't survive a reboot... the stock battery icon returns, but just the outline.

Many thanks.
 
Sithu Htun
Old
#2  
Sithu Htun's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 93
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Yangon

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by patp View Post
One week with ZU and loving it. The stock Rom is fine for me but I want to use gravity box for my favorite tweaks. Mostly it works fine but does anyone know how to fix the following?

1. Quick settings seems immune to any tweaks at all. I really want the smart pull down.

2. Battery mods don't survive a reboot... the stock battery icon returns, but just the outline.

Many thanks.
Try Xperia Xposed(KK)
MY DEVICES
Huawei Ascend G610S (G610-U00) with S4 ROM
LG Optimus L70 (LG MS323) with Stock Rom
Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 (SM-G7102) with Stock Rom
Samsung Galaxy SIII AT&T (SGH-I747) with Aroma Premium Suite
Sony Xperia Z Ultra (C6833); Downgraded from 4.4.4 to 4.3 cuz Kitkat sucks.
 
patp
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 528
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithu Htun View Post
Try Xperia Xposed(KK)
Looks good, I will try it. Should I remove Gravity Box? I suspect so.
 
patp
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 528
Join Date: Oct 2006
Actually, it doesn't do what I wanted - no smart pulldown or status bar tweaks. Never mind.
 
SÜPERUSER
Old
#5  
SÜPERUSER's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 90
Posts: 462
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by patp View Post
Actually, it doesn't do what I wanted - no smart pulldown or status bar tweaks. Never mind.
gravity box does not work on sony rom, only on AOSP/CM and mildly modified roms
 
patp
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 528
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by SÜPERUSER View Post
gravity box does not work on sony rom, only on AOSP/CM and mildly modified roms
Some of it works well, the power off menu and lock screen stuff for example. I thought the whole point of gravity box is to bring features from CM etc into stock roms.
 
SÜPERUSER
Old
(Last edited by SÜPERUSER; 28th August 2014 at 12:21 AM.)
#7  
SÜPERUSER's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 90
Posts: 462
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by patp View Post
Some of it works well, the power off menu and lock screen stuff for example. I thought the whole point of gravity box is to bring features from CM etc into stock roms.
yeah I noticed but its limited.. no no the purpose is to bring features to roms where you can not find the provided features in the Gravitybox module to turn on or off in the settings app in the rom without typing the strings in a terminal or setup manual scripts to set on boot. Who would wanna do that everytime..

Its an app module that provides a simple user friendly UI to change strings on or off and even modify the values. For example, change the height of the navigation bar. Or remap the short push and long push action of the soft keys in the navigation bar in a few simple steps.
 
patp
Old
#8  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 528
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by SÜPERUSER View Post
gravity box does not work on sony rom, only on AOSP/CM and mildly modified roms
Oh I see, so features that were added by Rom devs simply don't have the underlying code to be addressed. Makes perfect sense, though it's a shame the stock battery outline keeps reappearing, it goes away when I toggle in GB but returns on reboot.

I can see me investigating custom roms sooner than I thought.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes