Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Google Play Store Payments Available in China

Google has taken a big step to make its services accessible globally. Since the introduction of … more

How to Set a Video as Your Boot Animation

If you wish to make your phone truly unique, you may want to consider adding a nice boot animation. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Gross build up between plastic and aluminum...

OP gideonMorrison

4th July 2014, 02:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50

285 posts
I noticed there are very small creases between the plastic around the frame and the aluminum parts. It's quite easy to see a small layer of build up forms within. Does anyone have an idea to clean this properly, safely etc...?

Thanks
5th July 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kepler-34b
Thanks Meter: 5,663

15,002 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gideonMorrison

I noticed there are very small creases between the plastic around the frame and the aluminum parts. It's quite easy to see a small layer of build up forms within. Does anyone have an idea to clean this properly, safely etc...?

Thanks

I've also noticed this, and I can't really say that I've found a solution to it. I usually just clean it with a wet cloth (I won't expose it to running water since I tend to have some bad luck with these kind of stuff ) and then use a needle to pick the most annoying tiny stuff that'll get stuck in the "cracks".
The Following User Says Thank You to LordManhattan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th July 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 56

449 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan

I've also noticed this, and I can't really say that I've found a solution to it. I usually just clean it with a wet cloth (I won't expose it to running water since I tend to have some bad luck with these kind of stuff ) and then use a needle to pick the most annoying tiny stuff that'll get stuck in the "cracks".

You know what works really good and nobody thinks about it? A simple sheet of paper.
But hey, I wash it like twice a day and that's the best way to clean it.
I even used a brush (like the one you use to clean your nails) to clean the "cracks".

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fastest83 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th July 2014, 10:47 PM   |  #4  
Flag Kepler-34b

15,002 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastest83

You know what works really good and nobody thinks about it? A simple sheet of paper.
But hey, I wash it like twice a day and that's the best way to clean it.
I even used a brush (like the one you use to clean your nails) to clean the "cracks".

Twice a day, and your Ultra still lives? Talk about good karma [emoji5] I don't have that kind of luck, so I keep mine away from running water. I'll try and use a brush next time!
6th July 2014, 12:55 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 56

449 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan

Twice a day, and your Ultra still lives? Talk about good karma [emoji5] I don't have that kind of luck, so I keep mine away from running water. I'll try and use a brush next time!

Oh come on, I haven't bought an IP57/58 certified device to never put it underwater...
I brought it to the pool for like 45 minutes of pics and videos of my kids and it behaved like the champion that it is...

6th July 2014, 04:12 PM   |  #6  
Flag Kepler-34b

15,002 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastest83

Oh come on, I haven't bought an IP57/58 certified device to never put it underwater...
I brought it to the pool for like 45 minutes of pics and videos of my kids and it behaved like the champion that it is...

I can guarantee that my Ultra WILL get damaged if I submerge it in water. It will happen.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread