Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,892 Members 42,714 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to Upgrade to 4.4 Kitkat On Z Ultra?

Tip us?

Torguy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] How to Upgrade to 4.4 Kitkat On Z Ultra?

Hey guys, I live in Ontario Canada, and I am looking to purchasing the Z Ultra from the U.S via ebay, its the model Xperia C6833.

The phone comes with Android 4.3 Jellybean, my question is though that how do I upgrade to 4.4 Kitkat? Is it an easy thing to do or do I have to start rooting and all that nonsense? I am hoping its just done by hitting an update button or some thing like in iTunes.

I am coming from an iPhone so I have never owned or worked with an Android.

I would really appreciate any feedback, thanks!

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 1,148

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torguy View Post
Hey guys, I live in Ontario Canada, and I am looking to purchasing the Z Ultra from the U.S via ebay, its the model Xperia C6833.

The phone comes with Android 4.3 Jellybean, my question is though that how do I upgrade to 4.4 Kitkat? Is it an easy thing to do or do I have to start rooting and all that nonsense? I am hoping its just done by hitting an update button or some thing like in iTunes.

I am coming from an iPhone so I have never owned or worked with an Android.

I would really appreciate any feedback, thanks!
Easy, just install PC companion (or if you are on a mac what ever the equivalent is), plug in the Ultra and update. You dont even need the PC software normally as it can download the updates its self.

If all else fails you can use a handy tool called Flashtool and manually flash FTFs (packaged Sony updates that the comunity have downloaded and put together [equivalent to doing a full wipe/factory reset of the firmware with Sony's software])
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

Thankyou to all those that have donated to me over 2014.
The Following User Says Thank You to blueether For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Toledo_JAB
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether View Post
Easy, just install PC companion (or if you are on a mac what ever the equivalent is), plug in the Ultra and update. You dont even need the PC software normally as it can download the updates its self.

If all else fails you can use a handy tool called Flashtool and manually flash FTFs (packaged Sony updates that the comunity have downloaded and put together [equivalent to doing a full wipe/factory reset of the firmware with Sony's software])
thank you for being so polite with your answer.

Thread closed as the information is easily found when searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur View Post
Let me be very clear on this:
IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT UNDERSTANDING THE JOURNEY,
THEN YOU PROBABLY SHOULDN'T BE HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.
I am not able to give device help & support via PM's

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe