Thread Closed

[Q] How to Upgrade to 4.4 Kitkat On Z Ultra?

31st August 2014, 05:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
Hey guys, I live in Ontario Canada, and I am looking to purchasing the Z Ultra from the U.S via ebay, its the model Xperia C6833.

The phone comes with Android 4.3 Jellybean, my question is though that how do I upgrade to 4.4 Kitkat? Is it an easy thing to do or do I have to start rooting and all that nonsense? I am hoping its just done by hitting an update button or some thing like in iTunes.

I am coming from an iPhone so I have never owned or worked with an Android.

I would really appreciate any feedback, thanks!
31st August 2014, 05:12 AM   |  #2  
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,179

2,690 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torguy

Hey guys, I live in Ontario Canada, and I am looking to purchasing the Z Ultra from the U.S via ebay, its the model Xperia C6833.

The phone comes with Android 4.3 Jellybean, my question is though that how do I upgrade to 4.4 Kitkat? Is it an easy thing to do or do I have to start rooting and all that nonsense? I am hoping its just done by hitting an update button or some thing like in iTunes.

I am coming from an iPhone so I have never owned or worked with an Android.

I would really appreciate any feedback, thanks!

Easy, just install PC companion (or if you are on a mac what ever the equivalent is), plug in the Ultra and update. You dont even need the PC software normally as it can download the updates its self.

If all else fails you can use a handy tool called Flashtool and manually flash FTFs (packaged Sony updates that the comunity have downloaded and put together [equivalent to doing a full wipe/factory reset of the firmware with Sony's software])
The Following User Says Thank You to blueether For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th September 2014, 02:19 AM   |  #3  
Forum Moderator
Flag Toledo, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 2,190

2,636 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether

Easy, just install PC companion (or if you are on a mac what ever the equivalent is), plug in the Ultra and update. You dont even need the PC software normally as it can download the updates its self.

If all else fails you can use a handy tool called Flashtool and manually flash FTFs (packaged Sony updates that the comunity have downloaded and put together [equivalent to doing a full wipe/factory reset of the firmware with Sony's software])

thank you for being so polite with your answer.

Thread closed as the information is easily found when searching
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread