[Q] Very poor Wi-Fi signal

31st August 2014, 07:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Does anyone else have any Wi-Fi signal issues?

I get great Wi-Fi signal when I am within a few feet of the router. It connects at 325 Mbps and is really fast and fluent (I use my phone mainly for RDPing to my PC). However, even just moving a few feet away drops the signal one bar, and moving 10 feet away I lose the signal 100%. My home router is the Linksys EA6500, an AC1750 router. The issue with losing the signal happens on both the 2.4 GHz band and the 5GHz. I thought it was just the router so I tried it using an old Samsung ATIV S I had lying around... I was still connected to the Wi-Fi signal halfway down my street.

I never used to get this problem, until I sent my phone in to Sony to get the display repaired. On the repair center ticket, they said they replaced the front display and the backplate as well as ran a software update. (from 4.3 to 4.4). I have tried a repair via Sony PC Companion as well as a full reset via the Settings on the phone. Neither of these options have worked and NO, I do not have any power saving applications running.

Please, please help. The phone (phablet) is almost unusable like this
1st September 2014, 10:39 PM   |  #2  
Info 2 i
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDaedrix

Does anyone else have any Wi-Fi signal issues?

I get great Wi-Fi signal when I am within a few feet of the router. It connects at 325 Mbps and is really fast and fluent (I use my phone mainly for RDPing to my PC). However, even just moving a few feet away drops the signal one bar, and moving 10 feet away I lose the signal 100%. My home router is the Linksys EA6500, an AC1750 router. The issue with losing the signal happens on both the 2.4 GHz band and the 5GHz. I thought it was just the router so I tried it using an old Samsung ATIV S I had lying around... I was still connected to the Wi-Fi signal halfway down my street.

I never used to get this problem, until I sent my phone in to Sony to get the display repaired. On the repair center ticket, they said they replaced the front display and the backplate as well as ran a software update. (from 4.3 to 4.4). I have tried a repair via Sony PC Companion as well as a full reset via the Settings on the phone. Neither of these options have worked and NO, I do not have any power saving applications running.

Please, please help. The phone (phablet) is almost unusable like this

it might be problem with Firmware
u cannot downgrade to 4.3 But u should search for another 4.4 (stock firmware from another regions)
u can read some guides like this;
http://xperiafirmware.com/8-firmware...-z-ultra-c6833

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread