Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] problem with root/ uninstalling apps

OP cost3225

27th August 2014, 04:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

24 posts
Hello. I'm not very experienced with android and recently got a new z ultra (6802). I think it came with 4.4.2 or 4.4.3 i'm not sure, but as soon as i turned it on i was notified to update to 4.4.4. All went well and one of the first apps i installed was clean master. I hadnt tried to root the phone and i was thinking about it mostly in order to get rid of some preinstalled apps, but i found out that clean master had an option to "deactivate" them so they disappeared and all was fine. The last few weeks i loaded the phone with all sorts of useless stuff i wanted to try, and today i tried rooting it using this tool and everything worked ok. Then i did a hard reset and started setting everything up again... But this time clean master, root app delete and 2 other apps of the same type wouldnt uninstall system apps (despite having root access now). Any ideas on what to do? Is it because of the root - should i try to unroot it? Where can i find these ftfs needed? I saw some in the forum but they are for 6833..
27th August 2014, 08:05 AM   |  #2  
Flag Yangon
Thanks Meter: 44

99 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cost3225

Hello. I'm not very experienced with android and recently got a new z ultra (6802). I think it came with 4.4.2 or 4.4.3 i'm not sure, but as soon as i turned it on i was notified to update to 4.4.4. All went well and one of the first apps i installed was clean master. I hadnt tried to root the phone and i was thinking about it mostly in order to get rid of some preinstalled apps, but i found out that clean master had an option to "deactivate" them so they disappeared and all was fine. The last few weeks i loaded the phone with all sorts of useless stuff i wanted to try, and today i tried rooting it using this tool and everything worked ok. Then i did a hard reset and started setting everything up again... But this time clean master, root app delete and 2 other apps of the same type wouldnt uninstall system apps (despite having root access now). Any ideas on what to do? Is it because of the root - should i try to unroot it? Where can i find these ftfs needed? I saw some in the forum but they are for 6833..

Well, clean master is one of the app I hate most. Killing app processes frequently and clearing app caches are the bad ideas for android devices because android system always try to restart apps everytime you kill. So it greatly reduces battery life. Clearing caches can make apps to start slowly.

That's not the point, right? But just a suggestion not to use task killers and cache cleaner if you have enough RAM and storage space.

Ok now for your problem not uninstalling system apps,

-Install ES File Explorer
-Tap the upper left of the app (three striped shape)
-Tap Tools, Tap Root Explorer (not on the button "On") giving/allowing/authorize root access
-Now Tap Mount R/W and choose every partition as R/W then Tap OK
-Let's get back to explorer, Tap the upper left box labelled as "/" (it will redirect you to root of the Device)
-Go to "system" folder in explorer
-There are two folders in Kitkat, namely "app" and "priv-app"
You can now choose apps to be uninstalled that you couldn't uninstall inside these folders by removing any apps (and .odex files) by Long pressing on apps and choose multi apps at once.
For me, I don't delete apps that I wanted to uninstall but I cut them and create a new folder on sd card and paste them all in that new folder for later needs (you can navigate to internal or external storage from the upper right box of the Explorer, to create new folder, tap on the button with "+" sign at the bottom left corner of the app). Don't delete apps that you don't know well because doing so can prevent your device from booting up.

P.S. You can also install apps as system ones in that reverse way (copy, paste from external to system/app). Remember not to include space in the name of the app you wanted to install as system.

Remember to restart the devices after moving/deleting apps.

I think you now understand how to do. Good Luck, mate.
Last edited by Sithu Htun; 27th August 2014 at 12:21 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sithu Htun For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2014, 10:43 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

24 posts
Thanks for taking the time to help! and es file explorer looks like a really nice app. i followed your instructions and moved some of the apk and matching odex to sd card. the problem is the apps didnt dissapear from the list and as soon as i was done play store was downloading new versions of the apps i moved... what i dont understand is why it worked in the first place when it was new! could it be the sony firmware it came with? since this failed, is there an app to freeze these things?
27th August 2014, 12:06 PM   |  #4  
Flag Yangon
Thanks Meter: 44

99 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cost3225

Thanks for taking the time to help! and es file explorer looks like a really nice app. i followed your instructions and moved some of the apk and matching odex to sd card. the problem is the apps didnt dissapear from the list and as soon as i was done play store was downloading new versions of the apps i moved... what i dont understand is why it worked in the first place when it was new! could it be the sony firmware it came with? since this failed, is there an app to freeze these things?

One thing I left to say that you must restart your device as soon as you finish moving/deleting system apps. After rebooting, the device system will delete app leftovers. It will solve your problem of not disappearing from the list.
Last edited by Sithu Htun; 27th August 2014 at 12:20 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sithu Htun For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread