Search This thread

Pallavgarg10

Jul 30, 2013
So I have a z ultra Google play edition
I would like to disable immersive mode in mx player
For that I need xposed framework installed
But I hear that installing it would stop Ota updates
Is it true?
If so then how do I update to Android L when it's available despite being rooted and having xposed installed

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Is it true?
If so then how do I update to Android L when it's available despite being rooted and having xposed installed

xposed <might> stop OTAs installing, just depends on what they update, and how they do it. The last two GPe OTAs have been patched based and they tend to be harder to avoid conflicts with changed system files.

I doubt that the release of L will be as a patch, TOO much will have changed I think. So I think the next GPe update will probably be a full OTA like the one from release firmware to 4.4.2.

A full OTA will tend to just look at the model number to make sure it's correct and carry on, maybe the bootloader as well?

If there is a problem with the L releas you could flash the full 4.4.2 OTA and then go from there

Reactions: Pallavgarg10

Pallavgarg10

Jul 30, 2013
One more Question
Will simply Uninstalling Xposed Framework REVERSE the changes made when Xposed was installed ?

fastest83

Jul 13, 2012
One more Question
Will simply Uninstalling Xposed Framework REVERSE the changes made when Xposed was installed ?

Yes it will. Without the modded framework all the modules can't change a thing, so basically you are stock.
Likewise, if you don't uninstall the modules and proceed to reinstall the framework, all settings will be saved... ;)

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is it true?

xposed <might> stop OTAs installing, just depends on what they update, and how they do it. The last two GPe OTAs have been patched based and they tend to be harder to avoid conflicts with changed system files.

I doubt that the release of L will be as a patch, TOO much will have changed I think. So I think the next GPe update will probably be a full OTA like the one from release firmware to 4.4.2.

A full OTA will tend to just look at the model number to make sure it's correct and carry on, maybe the bootloader as well?

If there is a problem with the L releas you could flash the full 4.4.2 OTA and then go from there