Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,495 Members 37,626 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Self breaking glass?

Tip us?

luceri84
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
Those hair thin aluminum bumper cases wont do squat, the thick glassM m shields wont do squat. The device is just too long and think. Your best bet is to treat it like a full size tablet. Dont sit with it in your pocket, dont put it in your bag without being in a separate compartment. The poor thing is like 1/4" thick and made out of aluminum and glass. I still dont know why they choose this glass. I can take my droid incredible with gorilla glass and pound the screen on the corner of a desk over and over, no scratches. This sony phone just doesnt have any flex for the glass.

I just through an iLLumiShield on the front and back so i can throw it on the table and not worry about scratches.
But if flex is the issue then wouldn't a solid metal frame that doesn't bend around the perimeter of the phone rectify such concern?

nightanole
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by luceri84 View Post
But if flex is the issue then wouldn't a solid metal frame that doesn't bend around the perimeter of the phone rectify such concern?
Yes but the aluminum bumper case is very flimsy stamped aluminum. You would need something with zero give like aircraft grade. An aluminum or plastic shell would be the way to go, but That bumper case is just to prevent chiping of the sides, and give a mm lip when laying the phone on its front/back.

Sadman Khan
Old
Thanks Meter 236
I just use a rubber back cover and THAT'S IT. No problems for me. And yes i keep it in my jeans' pocket most of the time. It does hinder my movement a little though :P

Sent from my C6802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

shadowcore
Old
Thanks Meter 42
The better way to deal with the size is not to put in jeans pocket. In winter, jacket pockets I guess are ok. In summer, I guess the best way would be to buy a camera bag or something for this. I think that would solve this problem.

I just got the phone and I am kinda surprised to see how thin it is. Definitely not a phone you should stress too much.
The human being created civilization not because of willingness but of a need to be assimilated into higher orders of structure and meaning.
You will soon have your God, and you will make it with your own hands.

A forgotten virtue like honesty is worth at least twenty credits minus taxes. Honesty is taxed by the government.