5,814,720 Members 52,317 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] update after root ,what to do?

Tip us?

Aagsar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] update after root ,what to do?

My questios is, which is the easy way to update the rom and get rooted again?

I have recovery, supersu and all flashed and working, now if i want to update, lets say to the new .108 do i have to update normaly, from Pc Companion or flashtool and repeate all the process again of rooting and flashing recovery again OR there is an easy way like to flash a zip from recovery and flash a tft file and done?

P.S the bootloader is locked

Thank you very much in advance

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 1,169

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aagsar View Post
My questios is, which is the easy way to update the rom and get rooted again?

I have recovery, supersu and all flashed and working, now if i want to update, lets say to the new .108 do i have to update normaly, from Pc Companion or flashtool and repeate all the process again of rooting and flashing recovery again OR there is an easy way like to flash a zip from recovery and flash a tft file and done?

P.S the bootloader is locked

Thank you very much in advance
The OTA may or may not work, if it fails then just flash an FTF (with or without data wipe depending on your mood) and then reroot etc
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

Thankyou to all those that have donated to me over 2014.

louisenyioha
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Need help

I am quite new to this and I want to root my z ultra. However I am wondering, whenever there is a software update, how can i install the update cos I know that after rooting I might be unable to update using pc companion anymore. Please can you throw more light on this. Thanks

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 1,169

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by louisenyioha View Post
I am quite new to this and I want to root my z ultra. However I am wondering, whenever there is a software update, how can i install the update cos I know that after rooting I might be unable to update using pc companion anymore. Please can you throw more light on this. Thanks
what does the post of mine above yours say?
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

Thankyou to all those that have donated to me over 2014.