Water inside the screen

Search This thread

hristcroixqwerty

Dec 20, 2013
San Pedro
Good day guys.

I just wash my XZU screen, put some soap and rinse it. After drying it with towel I notice some dark shade in the upper part of my screen and I knew it was water inside my screen :( After I noticed it i put my phone inside a sealable plastic then put some desiccant silica gel bag inside.. I notice that the darker part (lower part of the screen) was shrinking but very slow, while the upper did not change. :crying:

As of now, it is 9 hours there inside the bag.. WIll it remove the water??? And how long should I it take? BTW the screen is working , the phone was turned off and flaps are close. :crying: Any suggestions???

Attachments

• 20150110_195952.jpg
    20150110_195952.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 596
  • 20150110_195947.jpg
    20150110_195947.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 559
  • 20150110_195927.jpg
    20150110_195927.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 561
Last edited:

melcali

Aug 2, 2010
Do u still have the stock anti shatter film on?

Maybe you should also try rice.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Free mobile app

motoi_bogdan

Sep 8, 2007
unfortunately water got inside the phone, more precisely inside the lcd module, between 2 of the polarizing films beneath the actual lcd panel. once there it will dry up over time (maybe a week or more) but in most cases it will still leave some marks - spots or gray dots because of the fact that plain water contains impurities that get stuck between the polarizing films and cannot be removed.
the shatter prof film is applied over the digitizer module, therefore over the entire lcd module, removing it won't have any effect in solving this.
back when i was servicing cell phones, the only way to fix this was to disassemble the phone, remove the lcd module, disassemble it and manually clean the polarizing films/light diffusers. it can't be done for all phones and some of them have fused screen assemblies that cannot be opened.
in any case, there is only a small chance (let's say 10%) that the water will dry out and not leave any contaminants inside the lcd module. however some sort of improvement could be seen over time, even if, most probably, the screen won't recover to it's initial performance.

interesting however... why water got inside a phone advertised as practically waterproof? were all flaps closed? any marks on the water damage stickers under the flaps?

hristcroixqwerty

Dec 20, 2013
San Pedro
unfortunately water got inside the phone, more precisely inside the lcd module, between 2 of the polarizing films beneath the actual lcd panel. once there it will dry up over time (maybe a week or more) but in most cases it will still leave some marks - spots or gray dots because of the fact that plain water contains impurities that get stuck between the polarizing films and cannot be removed.
the shatter prof film is applied over the digitizer module, therefore over the entire lcd module, removing it won't have any effect in solving this.
back when i was servicing cell phones, the only way to fix this was to disassemble the phone, remove the lcd module, disassemble it and manually clean the polarizing films/light diffusers. it can't be done for all phones and some of them have fused screen assemblies that cannot be opened.
in any case, there is only a small chance (let's say 10%) that the water will dry out and not leave any contaminants inside the lcd module. however some sort of improvement could be seen over time, even if, most probably, the screen won't recover to it's initial performance.

interesting however... why water got inside a phone advertised as practically waterproof? were all flaps closed? any marks on the water damage stickers under the flaps?

I really don't know the exact reason why it got inside but im guessing it enters from the top speaker. And yes all my flaps are close, and no traces of water inside the flaps, sticker is still white.
I was really dissapointed actually, i didn't even submerge it on water! i was just WASHING my screen.
Anyways, water inside was all dried up, but i notice my screen got darker just a little bit. Good things was, it was the entire screen got darken. So no spots...

mathieulh

Jan 9, 2008
Paris
I really don't know the exact reason why it got inside but im guessing it enters from the top speaker. And yes all my flaps are close, and no traces of water inside the flaps, sticker is still white.
I was really dissapointed actually, i didn't even submerge it on water! i was just WASHING my screen.
Anyways, water inside was all dried up, but i notice my screen got darker just a little bit. Good things was, it was the entire screen got darken. So no spots...

Never use soap on a waterproof phone as it usually eats through the membrane that prevents water from going through the speaker/microphone.
They even tell you not to use soap or any other chemicals in the user manual.

IP58 certification is supposed to be valid for Fresh water, not water laced with other products (not even salt water in fact), it also does not protect your phone against mid to high pressure jets of water (such as the one going straight from your tap). Next time you will be more careful when handling a waterproof device I hope.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Never use soap on a waterproof phone as it usually eats through the membrane that prevents water from going through the speaker/microphone.
    They even tell you not to use soap or any other chemicals in the user manual.

IP58 certification is supposed to be valid for Fresh water, not water laced with other products (not even salt water in fact), it also does not protect your phone against mid to high pressure jets of water (such as the one going straight from your tap). Next time you will be more careful when handling a waterproof device I hope.