Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,518 Members 50,768 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New Xperia Z Ultra not charging over magnetic port

Tip us?

mail356
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default New Xperia Z Ultra not charging over magnetic port

Hello,
I bought a new Z Ultra Google Play edition a few days ago. While the phone is OK overall is does not charge over the magnetic port, even though the battery shows as "charging". Tried on two different genuine SONY DK30 docks - same issue.

Has this been heard of? Is it likely a hardware of software issue?

Thanks!

ntdatter
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mail356 View Post
Hello,
I bought a new Z Ultra Google Play edition a few days ago. While the phone is OK overall is does not charge over the magnetic port, even though the battery shows as "charging". Tried on two different genuine SONY DK30 docks - same issue.

Has this been heard of? Is it likely a hardware of software issue?

Thanks!
Hey, I don't have a problem with the phone not charging via the magnetic port, but I have a problem with rotation lock when the phone is charging via the magnetic port. Basically, if i charge via mini-USB port or not charge at all, the phone's rotation lock works perfect. But as soon as I plug in the magnetic charger, rotation lock goes out of wack. Does your phone have this problem?

My phone's running the stock sony ROM, not rooted or anything... I have two different types of magnetic charger (one dock, one Magnector). Both has the rotation lock problem. I'm curious if anyone else experiences this problem and potential solution(s).

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 1,151

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntdatter View Post
Hey, I don't have a problem with the phone not charging via the magnetic port, but I have a problem with rotation lock when the phone is charging via the magnetic port. Basically, if i charge via mini-USB port or not charge at all, the phone's rotation lock works perfect. But as soon as I plug in the magnetic charger, rotation lock goes out of wack. Does your phone have this problem?

My phone's running the stock sony ROM, not rooted or anything... I have two different types of magnetic charger (one dock, one Magnector). Both has the rotation lock problem. I'm curious if anyone else experiences this problem and potential solution(s).
It is a known issue, I don't know if it is fixed in the newest firmwares, It thinks it is in a dock so rotates the screen
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

Thankyou to all those that have donated to me over 2014.
The Following User Says Thank You to blueether For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ntdatter
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether View Post
It is a known issue, I don't know if it is fixed in the newest firmwares, It thinks it is in a dock so rotates the screen
What about other ROMs? Google Play edition or cm or some other custom ROM? Do they have this rotation lock problem on magnetic charger too or no?

Thanks!

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 1,151

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntdatter View Post
What about other ROMs? Google Play edition or cm or some other custom ROM? Do they have this rotation lock problem on magnetic charger too or no?

Thanks!
Don't know, dont have a magnetic charger
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

Thankyou to all those that have donated to me over 2014.

mail356
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether View Post
Don't know, dont have a magnetic charger
Update: I ended up returning the phone - the new one charges fine.