How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

New Xperia Z Ultra not charging over magnetic port

OP mail356

20th July 2014, 06:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello,
I bought a new Z Ultra Google Play edition a few days ago. While the phone is OK overall is does not charge over the magnetic port, even though the battery shows as "charging". Tried on two different genuine SONY DK30 docks - same issue.

Has this been heard of? Is it likely a hardware of software issue?

Thanks!
25th July 2014, 05:56 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mail356

Hello,
I bought a new Z Ultra Google Play edition a few days ago. While the phone is OK overall is does not charge over the magnetic port, even though the battery shows as "charging". Tried on two different genuine SONY DK30 docks - same issue.

Has this been heard of? Is it likely a hardware of software issue?

Thanks!

Hey, I don't have a problem with the phone not charging via the magnetic port, but I have a problem with rotation lock when the phone is charging via the magnetic port. Basically, if i charge via mini-USB port or not charge at all, the phone's rotation lock works perfect. But as soon as I plug in the magnetic charger, rotation lock goes out of wack. Does your phone have this problem?

My phone's running the stock sony ROM, not rooted or anything... I have two different types of magnetic charger (one dock, one Magnector). Both has the rotation lock problem. I'm curious if anyone else experiences this problem and potential solution(s).
25th July 2014, 06:08 AM   |  #3  
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,523

3,191 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntdatter

Hey, I don't have a problem with the phone not charging via the magnetic port, but I have a problem with rotation lock when the phone is charging via the magnetic port. Basically, if i charge via mini-USB port or not charge at all, the phone's rotation lock works perfect. But as soon as I plug in the magnetic charger, rotation lock goes out of wack. Does your phone have this problem?

My phone's running the stock sony ROM, not rooted or anything... I have two different types of magnetic charger (one dock, one Magnector). Both has the rotation lock problem. I'm curious if anyone else experiences this problem and potential solution(s).

It is a known issue, I don't know if it is fixed in the newest firmwares, It thinks it is in a dock so rotates the screen
The Following User Says Thank You to blueether For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th July 2014, 05:25 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether

It is a known issue, I don't know if it is fixed in the newest firmwares, It thinks it is in a dock so rotates the screen

What about other ROMs? Google Play edition or cm or some other custom ROM? Do they have this rotation lock problem on magnetic charger too or no?

Thanks!
25th July 2014, 10:51 PM   |  #5  
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,523

3,191 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntdatter

What about other ROMs? Google Play edition or cm or some other custom ROM? Do they have this rotation lock problem on magnetic charger too or no?

Thanks!

Don't know, dont have a magnetic charger
26th July 2014, 03:05 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether

Don't know, dont have a magnetic charger

Update: I ended up returning the phone - the new one charges fine.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread