[MOD][Lollipop] Add 0.75 animation scale in developer options

Search This thread

jnx_r

Nov 18, 2014
Please people don't discuss viper in this thread.
@jnx_r push Settings.apk found in the flashable zip to /system/priv-app/Settings and set permissions to 644.

The flashable zip should definitely work though. We are on the same system, uses the same recovery (I use CWM).

Flash it again and show me a screenshot of the windows animation scale options please.

Sorry about going off topic earlier. Anyways, I did what you said, still stuck right where I was.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-09-14-23-38.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-09-14-23-38.png
    172.1 KB · Views: 188

pemell

Jan 4, 2012
Gothenburg
Sorry about going off topic earlier. Anyways, I did what you said, still stuck right where I was.
Ok push it manually.

Use adb or a file explorer with root capabilities. Don't forget to set the correct permissions.

I'll take a look at my updater script again, why it isn't working. It really should work :/

jnx_r

Nov 18, 2014
Ok push it manually.

Use adb or a file explorer with root capabilities. Don't forget to set the correct permissions.

I'll take a look at my updater script again, why it isn't working. It really should work :/

I did exactly as you said. The file sizes matched when I replaced it. Meaning, the file was updated when I flashed it. But still the .75x setting hasn't shown itself. Are we missing something here?

jnx_r

Nov 18, 2014
Here is a screenshot of the file size specifics, if that helps.

Attachments

• 1418075014090.jpg
    1418075014090.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 152

jnx_r

Nov 18, 2014
I don't know then. Maybe try a clean flash? You can flash this mod right after flashing the rom.

And don't mess with selinux.

See if this work. Should work.

Can't reflash. Would take a while to back up everything and restore it after I reflash since it already took such a long time to set everything up. I'll try other methods and report back if anything works.

jnx_r

Nov 18, 2014
Issue with some root apps in scrubber port.

I don't know then. Maybe try a clean flash? You can flash this mod right after flashing the rom.

Okay, I spent the last day and a half trying to get it to work, and also did a clean install like you asked. Here is what I came up with after 5 reflashes and test installations/restorations:

~After a clean install this mod works fine.
~While restoring apps, it stopped working after I restored and used a few rooted apps.
~SElinux did not seem to cause the issue because the mod was working fine with Selinux installed.
~Restoring system apps via Titanium backup also breaks this mod when used with the updated Supersu.
~There may be other actions which cause this issue, but I noticed something peculiar about Supersu. A feature called "mount namespace separation", which is enabled by default in v2.38[updated version] causes some root apps to misbehave.
~The very same root apps when used with the option enabled in Supersu cause some issues, and this could be one of them.
------
Other than that, all other user apps work fine. System apps & roots apps also work fine until Supersu v2.37.
------
Anyways, I need someone to confirm what I have observed and if it is indeed the reason why the mod breaks.

---
PS: I got the mod to work, no issues now. But I wonder why only that part of the settings app failed to function. @pemell, I hope you can find a permanent solution to this problem as not everyone can go back and do a clean reflash.

jnx_r

Nov 18, 2014
glad it works for you now @jnx_r

I only wish you could fix the navbar height for me, 48dp is bigger than what I'm comfortable with. 42 would be just fine.

---
Anyways, I think that the issue was caused because of root getting messed up.
Alternatively, there is another possibility that it could be some Gapps, because I updated Google services and Play store to something which isn't normally available for download via play store.

aouerfelli

Jun 22, 2014
Are you thinking of porting it to other lollipop devices? I can send my Settings.apk if you are. I've been wanting this forever.

pemell

Jan 4, 2012
Gothenburg
Haha sorry, my bad.

Sure I can fix this for you. Just upload it here or send me a link to it,

Cheers
pemell

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note: This mod is only working on scrubbers lollipop port.

I've always preferred an 0.75 animation scale. 1.0 is too slow and 0.5 is to fast.

If you like it too just follow these instructions:

- Flash attached zip in recovery
    - Reboot and head in to settings. In About phone tap the build number 5 times to enable developer options.
    - In developer options scroll down to the 3 types of animation scale.
    - Now you should have a 0.75 option. Set this and let your device fly.

Uploaded: 2014-12-08
    Issue with some root apps in scrubber port.

Okay, I spent the last day and a half trying to get it to work, and also did a clean install like you asked. Here is what I came up with after 5 reflashes and test installations/restorations:

~After a clean install this mod works fine.
    ~While restoring apps, it stopped working after I restored and used a few rooted apps.
    ~SElinux did not seem to cause the issue because the mod was working fine with Selinux installed.
    ~Restoring system apps via Titanium backup also breaks this mod when used with the updated Supersu.
    ~There may be other actions which cause this issue, but I noticed something peculiar about Supersu. A feature called "mount namespace separation", which is enabled by default in v2.38[updated version] causes some root apps to misbehave.
    ~The very same root apps when used with the option enabled in Supersu cause some issues, and this could be one of them.
    ------
    Other than that, all other user apps work fine. System apps & roots apps also work fine until Supersu v2.37.
    ------
    Anyways, I need someone to confirm what I have observed and if it is indeed the reason why the mod breaks.

---
    PS: I got the mod to work, no issues now. But I wonder why only that part of the settings app failed to function. @pemell, I hope you can find a permanent solution to this problem as not everyone can go back and do a clean reflash.
    I flashed it but there isn't any .75x option. Are you sure the option for .75x becomes available after flashing?

I too flashed this mod last night and there was no .75x option...
    I too flashed this mod last night and there was no .75x option...

It seems I'm not the only one who isn't able to enable this mod.
    --
    I'm not sure which of my actions screwed up this mod.
    I had already enabled developer options so I skipped step #2.
    I had also flashed the navbar mod before flashing this one.
    ---
    Other things I may have done to break this mod include following this guide to get viper working:

Well here's what I did

Download this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mrbimc.selinux and change to Permissive
    Download the viper zip here xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3018995&d=1416178083

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Source thread: http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/themes-apps/discussion-viper4android-t2543796

Uninstall any old viper .apk.
    Reboot to recovery and flash .zip file you downloaded

I followed this guide: Read below.
    Tested and working perfectly on Nexus 5 Lollipop built number LRX21O.
    1. Root using CF-Autoroot.
    2. Change to permissive mode using SELinux Mode Changer.
    3. Enable developer options -> Uncheck Use NuPlayer (experimental).
    4. Flash the zip below from recovery and wait for cache to be rebuilt.
    5. BOOM! Enjoy your music flawlessly.
    Credits: zhuhang, Droidyou.
    Yup every rooted rom and device can have it

Could it be possible to have this mod for the s6 edge? It would be awesome :)