Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Xperia Z Ultra GPE - where are the fastboot drivers?

OP Forboding Angel

13th July 2014, 01:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 49
 
66 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
http://developer.sonymobile.com/down...-ultra-driver/

I have found that driver, and installed them. But I can't find the fastboot drivers.



Where can I find them?
13th July 2014, 01:38 AM   |  #2  
blueether's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,541
 
3,214 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forboding Angel

http://developer.sonymobile.com/down...-ultra-driver/

I have found that driver, and installed them. But I can't find the fastboot drivers.



Where can I find them?

I think the easiest way is to use flashtool to install the drivers (if in win 8 google installing unsigned drivers)
https://unrestrict.li/flashtool
13th July 2014, 01:44 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 49
 
66 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether

I think the easiest way is to use flashtool to install the drivers (if in win 8 google installing unsigned drivers)
https://unrestrict.li/flashtool

I already disabled unsigned driver installations My main machine is win7, but I'm out of town on business and stuck using my lappy which is win8.


What in the ****? It is going to take around 2 hours to download from these **** hosts... Haven't these guys ever heard of Google Drive, Dropbox, SkyDrive or even Mega?

Ffs.
13th July 2014, 01:47 AM   |  #4  
blueether's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,541
 
3,214 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forboding Angel

I already disabled unsigned driver installations My main machine is win7, but I'm out of town on business and stuck using my lappy which is win8.


What in the ****? It is going to take around 2 hours to download from these **** hosts... Haven't these guys ever heard of Google Drive, Dropbox, SkyDrive or even Mega?

Ffs.

should be faster using the unrestrict link
13th July 2014, 01:53 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 49
 
66 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether

should be faster using the unrestrict link

Unfortunately:


Is ok though, I'm sticking a folder on my gDrive that contains all the files/tools needed in order to do this. It'll be a little bit before everything is there, but the folder is located at: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Tg&usp=sharing

I'm also adding all the aosp sounds for people who are staying on gpe but still want to access all the sounds available on aosp (Stock gpe selection is pathetic).

It'll be probably at least 3 or 4 hours before everything is there though.
13th July 2014, 01:54 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 652
 
1,811 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether

I think the easiest way is to use flashtool to install the drivers (if in win 8 google installing unsigned drivers)
https://unrestrict.li/flashtool

I may have just had a weird experience, but I think FlashTool is able to use drivers without them actually being installed. At least the adb ones were not actually installed when I tried to do logcat , I had to go through device manager to update drivers then navigate to FlashTool folder and install them.
13th July 2014, 02:11 AM   |  #7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 49
 
66 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfurgerson

I may have just had a weird experience, but I think FlashTool is able to use drivers without them actually being installed. At least the adb ones were not actually installed when I tried to do logcat , I had to go through device manager to update drivers then navigate to FlashTool folder and install them.

Apparently flashtool is on github, which makes their choice of hosts even more fishy considering that you can host the downloads on github itself... but looky what I found here: https://github.com/Androxyde/Flashto.../FASTBOOT/Sony
13th July 2014, 02:26 AM   |  #8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 49
 
66 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
All necessary files have been added to the Google Drive folder here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Tg&usp=sharing

I may write a little bit better and more detailed guide for people in my specific position once I have cm11 up and running.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes